1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modding (i'm sorry i still don't understand)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by fonsoman, Aug 26, 2005.

1. fonsoman

fonsoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, i'v been modded for as long as xbox live has been out and i've been aggravated as each modder got better and better and kept noobing me, all my friends r experts at modding and laugh whenever i even attempt to ask them for help, to them it is a huge competition on who can mod better, while i sit here not able to mod at all,

i've searched the internet for months from colorful xbox cases to xbox-scene to modding for dummies and even the simplest how to mod tutorial didn't work

(i got action replay, got splinter cell: stealth &action redefined and whenever i would run linux as a profile it would freeze)

i cried in agony as so many posts had so much on modding but didn't follow to every detail because i'm not a dummy, i'm a retard , i need every little detail explained or else i will find someway to mess it up,

i just wanna be able to mod halo 2, if i could mod in a custom game, that would be cool but i really only need to be able to mod in split screen so maybe i could once be recognized around my own friends

i'm thinkin about getting a mod chip but i kno that it will be a waste of money because once i get it i'll hav no i dea wat to do with that, people say to send it off to someone and get it done, who?! where?! i live in new york, if anyone knows anything about how to soft mod, hard mod or someone to send my xbox to or wat i'm doing wrong please PLEASE help me

2. cra41g

cra41g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't recommend softmodding.

Go here - www.teamxecuter.com

............Highly recommended chips, Xecuter 2.6 is the ideal one - the X3 is a bit more advanced but has the same install method. If you're not comfortable installing a chip to the Xbox motherboard, find someone local to you can do it for you. There are links available on the left hand side of the web page I've listed above.

If you decide to install a chip, then you've got a lot of reading to do!

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    If you don't know why you want a mod chip installed then I really wouldn't bother tbh. You mod your console for a specific reason - i.e. to run in High Def, to play emulators, to use the X-Box to stream music and video etc. I really wouldn't bother modding it just to impress your mates.

If you don't know much about modding consoles then just get someone to do it for you and then read up about the relevant software that will enable you to do whatever it is you want to do(i.e. read up on XBMC if you want to stream music etc..)

4. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Why ever not? It's not only cheaper than a mod chip (zero cost) but is quicker & easier to fit. A softmodded box is functionally identical to one with a chip, can easily be reversed & does not involve opening up the Xbox & voiding the warranty. With Auto-Installer Deluxe & Soft Mod Deluxe from www.xbox-hq.com you can't go wrong.