Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Modded XBOX - Please help a newbie

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Retrospek, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Retrospek

Retrospek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

Sorry for what are probably dumb questions - just I'm slightly out of my league here :confused:

I'm interested in buying an XBOX. As well as play games, I would want to use my XBOX to play music and videos etc. either stored on the XBOX HD or from my PC via my Lan.

Am I correct in thinking to do something like this I would need an XBOX which has been modified ?

If I do need an XBOX which has been modified then I was thinking of ordering this one:

http://www.playstationchips.co.uk/pages/prechipped-xbox.html

With the additional options of: Having the switch fitted, having a 60GB Hard Drive installed and also buying the 'evox auto installer' software.

Does this seem like a good package ?? and if I buy this stuff will it mean I can use the XBOX to do extra things (music/video etc.) ??

If you know of any other packages that are good please let me know.

Thanks for your help guys - and sorry for the 'newbie' type questions.

Mark.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,433
    I was gonna say try www.premodded.co.uk but just noticed it's down, with some rather worrying message about VAT being charged when it returns, does that mean prices will go up 17.5%?! I was about to order one so I hope not!

Cheers,
    Andy.