1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chip for XBox?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by DazJWood, Oct 5, 2003.

1. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to the XBox having just bought one two days ago.

I am thinking about getting it modified with one of these chips. Anyone got any suggestions as to which ones are the best? I hear these Xecutors are good.

What about these solderless ones too? Are these any good?

I have chipped many playstation 1s in the past, but the xbox looks a lot more complicated to chip (solder chips). Is this the case or is it fairly straight forward?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Daz

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The chip itself is relativly easy to fit, however you will need to flash mosts' bios (Xecuter2.1/2.2). The solderless ones are best avoided. have a look at www.baldbouncer.co.uk and the forums on www.worldxbox.com for any more advice.

3. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    phenom2003, does this envolve connecting the X-Box to a pc or does it upload from a cd or something?

Cheers, Paul

4. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can flash from a pc or an external programmer. The most popular option however, is slayers auto installer disc, which does the hard work for you (flashs bios, new dashboard, HDD swap). I can send it to you if you want just ask for it when (if) you reply

Rich