• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Moblie phone roaming question ?

F1Fan72

We're off to Egypt (Sharm/Cairo)in a couple of weeks and was wondering what operator I would roam to whilst there (We use Orange)

Also would it be better to purchase a global sim and use that ?

blackrod

You're best off ringing Orange and ask them who they have a roaming agreement with and how much calls cost to make & receive. Then you can decide if a new SIM would be cheaper or not.

danuk

hope this helps

Orange abroad (This is for a monthly contract phone) : Orange - costs and services

Global Pay as you go sim :
Global SIM for £19.99, International SIM card from 0044

There are a lot of other providers of global sim cards on the web i just used this one as an example. I've never used one of these myself as i tend to just turn my phone off when on holiday and only use it when it's absolutely neccesary.
There will probably be others on AVF who have specific experience of Egypt who can help you more.

paul1967

I'm with orange pay monthly racoon when i was in spain malaga before xmas needed to use the phone alot when the bill came it had not go up,but looking at the bill the free minutes used had increased so wether your free mins run faster i do not know ie england to england 1 min = 1min ,spain to england 1min = 3 or mins used.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom