1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobility RADEON 9200 > MCE2005 HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've had to get rid of my desktop HTPC setup so have been forced to load my copy of MCE 2005 onto my laptop (centrino 1.5, 512ram & Mobility RADEON 9200). Everything installed fine and even works fine inclding the supplied MS remote. The problem i'm getting is when i start the media centre i get a message that my radeon isn't compatible with MC so none of the nice looking overlays work and i can't view the MC in the screens native res (1680x1050) or even my projectors res (1280x720).

Can anyone help me :lease:

2. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    your right - I have checked and its not on the MCE Approved Components List.
    The only certifed integrated graphics chip is the Radeon Express 200

Silly question but have you checked the ATI site for the latest drivers on the off chance they may work....?

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers for the suggestion HSC, but "mobility" drivers aren't available on ATI's site. The closest i came to it working was when i found a utility which tricked the "standard" catalyst driver into thinking a radeon was installed when really a mobility was, but i keep getting an error when using it so back to square one.

4. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    IT WORKS!!!!!!! I've found a way to trick MCE '05 into thinking my Mobility Radeon 9200 is something else...............All i did was install the latest omega drivers! Once installed the G/card is called "mobility 9000 series" which not only is fully compatible with the MC app but to me makes the very few games i play on my laptop run a bit smoother WOOHOO!!!

5. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    well done

6. PANTALEON1

PANTALEON1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where Did You Download The Omega Drivers From? I Have The Same Computer As You And I Have Also Install Mce. Hope To Hear From You. Thank You