Mobile wi-fi connecting to TP DECO MESH

ace0001uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi my partner and I live in a private development that isn't connected to our closest exchange and is still on copper. Ultimately BT can't provide us with broadband that meets our families requirements during this Covid-19 lock down. My partner has mobile broadband in the form of Vodafone R218h. This can only be connected to over WI-FI. Is there any way I can use the Vodafone mobile wi-fi with the TP DECO so I can roam with mobile devices throughout the house and still be connected?

Why not get a suitable router into which the sim card can be fitted to give you ethernet connections to the Deco system (or any other wired ethernet devices)?

well that's purchasing another router, which I was trying to avoid. However I have been looking at the Huawei B818-260 5G/4G, with a Poynting XPOL-2. But in the interim is there any hub's/switches that might do the trick as a cheaper alternative?

There’s no easy way to keep the existing wireless-only router. Potentially you could use a wifi access points that supports bridging to connect to the router via wifi and provide a wired ethernet connection to the rest of the network. But you will still be stuck with a wifi router that is only designed to support a few devices its network. So you may quickly reach or exceed the ability of the wifi router to cope.

Thanks for the advice Neil. You are spot on. Can I accredit you with any points for this response?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom