Mobile Signal Affected By Snow?

Stephen Carter

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with signal and messages not coming through as ive not had any through at all this morning and people have rung the house phone to ask why i have not replied and if im still here so does it really have that big an effect on our signal? Interesting to see which providers are suffering too, ill start by saying im on Vodafone so shame on them.

Calls get priority over messages so if a cell or trunk is busy the messages get held. IT could be busy due to the number of people calling work to say the are stuck ;-) or soem kit is down because of the weather.

If I need a definite, quick or immediate response from someone though, I'll call rather than text as otherwise you have no idea they've seen the text, let alone received it.

I'm on Vodafone too and this morning I got a lot of 'network busy error messages. Ok now though. Scunthorpe area.

I'm in Leeds on Vodafone with no issues at all.

Guess its just my area then, already got through to work and coll to say im not going and theyre cancelled

On Vodafone, currently working in Central Birmingham. No issues whatsoever.

it could well be the snow, really bad weather can sometimes affect the "signals" that are used for radio or mobile phones.

equally the cold could have damaged some of their equipment and that means more people are getting served by less equipment?

could be anything to be honest.

On 3 mobile and no issues.

My Dad is also on Three and randomly lost all signal last night though. Restarted the phone and it was fine.

Yeah, we have had a ''network busy'' message here in Sheffield this morning, and yes we are also on Vodafone!

Reset my phone earlier and seems to be ok for now, had the odd struggle to send messages but so far so good since the reset.

i'm on orange in glasgow and had a bit of trouble on a couple of occasions sending texts. been fine today though.

Is anyone else having a problem with signal and messages not coming through as ive not had any through at all this morning and people have rung the house phone to ask why i have not replied and if im still here so does it really have that big an effect on our signal? Interesting to see which providers are suffering too, ill start by saying im on Vodafone so shame on them.

Interesting.

I'm on Vodafone (live near Heathrow) and yesterday I had people telling me they were ringing my mobile (iPhone 4), only to get the engaged tone-no voicemail, no dead tone, just an engaged tone. :eek:

I get that I'm on vadofone and sometime when mates ring they tell me it goes straight to answer machine sometimes it does it all day even though I'll have full signal and I'm not on the phone. My mates phone does the same thing he is on 3 but 3 are rubbish around here the signal is so temperamental.

Had the same problem again last night but it is terrible so far today. Not been able to send texts at all today.

happened to me today my work phone which is on vodafone would connect when I tried to make calls though my personal o2 phone had no issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom