Mobile Rainbow cashbacks

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by williemaykit, Sep 20, 2007.

1. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Another dodgy dealer. :mad:

I signed up for a 12 month contract with 12 months free line rental. The terms stipulated that full copies of each bill had to be received within 15 days of billing date with a self addressed envelope. You have to send your claim at 6, 8, 10, and 12 months. The cashback claim would then be verified and a cheque sent within 45 days according to their website.

Well I sent my first cashback claim at the end of June and surprise, surprise - no cheque. I first contacted them after two weeks to verify that they received it and they gave me the run around for a week say they had not received it. I gave them proof of delivery and then they supposedly found it. I was told at that point that it would take 45 working days to process the cashback. Forty five days came and went. Another email with a request for another 20 - 25 working days. Again, the period elapsed with no cheque. Called again and they said they were having severe problems with their systems that they have only just resolved so a cheque will be issued within 7 working days. They confirmed this via email. Seven days passed and guess what? No cheque.

On Monday I wrote an email demanding that either they have a cheque to me by tomorrow or I will lodge a complaint with both the OFT and the FSA. I called today to see if a cheque had been sent but they were updating their system in the middle of the day and it would take an hour, so I should call back then. How many companies do you know update their core sales and customer relations systems in the middle of the day? None that I have worked for.

So I guess now I am at the point where I have to take legal action. Any suggestions?

2. ifti79

ifti79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had same problems with mobile rainbow regarding cash back.

First of all I sent my six bills for first cash back, after not hearing anything from them i called them and guess what, I am not eligible for cash back??? They only received five bills and did not receive my sixth bill. Well how is it possible when you put all six bills in one envelop and they only receive five, surprising!

After having long discussions and after many calls they agreed to pay but on one condition that I send them sixth bill within 12 hours. I replied that how is it possible to send you bill within 12 hours, and they replied unless you do not send your bill within 12 hours you will not get your cash back.
    But I emailed them my bill and got cash back from them.

Then i send my bills for second cash back instalment again I did not hear anything from them when I phoned after 45 days they told me its 45 working days. I phoned back after 45 working days and they told me that it will take more 25 working days because they have lots of work pending.

I am waiting for 25 working days to be over then i will phone then.

Please what ever you do, do not buy from mobile rainbow, because they are liars and cheaters.

3. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thanks guys. I have taken these guys to small claims court for breach of contract. Like alot of people over at the moneysavingexpert.com, these guys are the kings of stalling and will make up lies to avoid paying what they contractually agreed to.

4. M4NN

M4NN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    there was something similar with a company named ' click mobile ' based in hounslow, middlesex.
    they've gone missing with lots of peoples's cashbacks!.
    :thumbsdow