Mobile phones & public transport

Gary D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a number of inventions that i appaude - Lycra, The remote control, the thong, large flat screen TV's, DVD, Cream Cakes. All these things have enhanced my life in some way. however the one invention that i really cant get my head round is the MP3 playing mobile phone (with speaker!!) which **** invented that? Someone who never steps on a train i dare say.

On my way home today i was sat on the train with 3 different people playing 3 different tunes - strangly there were all hip-hop. All i wanted to do was sit there and go home - instead i have to listen to stuff i have no interest in listening too it through a speaker that has the dynamic range of an AM radio.

sorry it just wound me up today and i had to "let it out" - i feel better now. :D

Gary

Extremely bad manners of someone to assume you won't mind listening to their *****.

Jez, especially hip-hop. I feel for you!!:eek:

Why is it allways hip hop music that you hear never anything else

And i hate hip hop

Probably cos its very popular among the ill-mannered young 'uns these days.:)

Had this on the bus last friday two girls sitting behind us. plus they were changing tracks every 30 seconds. Took every ounce of will power not to grab the phone of them and stamp on it!

doesnt bother me...but then i always have my headphones on when i'm out and about :D

(altho i'm decent enough to turn them down a couple notches when on a train or bus etc....mind you, they pretty good, even at a reasonably loud volume they dont bleed much externally)

Lycra, the thong, Cream Cakes. All these things have enhanced my life in some way. Gary

Go on ... do tell us how :devil:

As for the public transport problem ... I find the first class quiet carriage the right place to be ... especially when you have the benefit of free travel :smashin:

Go on ... do tell us how :devil:

As for the public transport problem ... I find the first class quiet carriage the right place to be ... especially when you have the benefit of free travel :smashin:
Sheesh the benefit in kind tax burden on first class tickets must add up to a tidy whack.

On my way home today i was sat on the train with 3 different people playing 3 different tunes - strangly there were all hip-hop. All i wanted to do was sit there and go home - instead i have to listen to stuff i have no interest in listening too it through a speaker that has the dynamic range of an AM radio.

I ask them to turn it off, if they don't I tell them to turn it off.
Some of the kids round here on my usual routes are starting to recognise me and turn it off as soon as I get on the bus :smashin:

We could do with the same rules as public transport in New York: no spitting, graffiti or music; all of which are heavily enforced.

HI,

I have a fun tactic you can do, to get these irritating little oiks to switch their so-called "music" off:

1) If possible, sit down on the seat in front of them.
2) Open window, so large blast of cold air/rain gets sucked in through the window, in their direction.
3) Wait for angry cold/wet kid to slam it shut.
4) Re-open window.
5) Watch them slam it shut again.
6) Re-open window, and then turn around and tell them, that you'll happily close the window, once they switch their chavvy music off!
7) Watch in glee, as scummy chav kids switch off music, and then you close window.
8) Relax and enjoy!

Admittedly, this only works if a) your particular piece of public transport has windows, and b) if you are willing to risk getting lynched by other people on the bus/train/whatever.

Alternatively, grab phone, remove battery/sim card, and tell dejected chav kid(s) that you'll return the card/battery to them, either when you get off the bus, or as soon as they do, whichever of you gets off first!

Pooch

they annoy me too, i sometimes ask if they have anything decent on there. I like hip hop, but they seem to like pop-rap which is pants. If im not in the mood i just ask them not to play it so loud, perhaps inform them that headphone provide a superior sound quality and dont bother the other people so much. Also by using headphone im less inclined to put my foot though thier face. I sometimes tell them this but word it in a more accessable way

I hav'nt used Public transport for about 10 years. I was thinking of using the bus to get to town for New year celebrations but will now get the usual Cab. Thanks for the warnings........:)

I find the essence of urine being emitted from a large number of bus users more distressing than any tune coming out of a phone

I hav'nt used Public transport for about 10 years. I was thinking of using the bus to get to town for New year celebrations but will now get the usual Cab. Thanks for the warnings........:)

so why are you replying to this thread then?

I find the essence of urine being emitted from a large number of bus users more distressing than any tune coming out of a phone

maybe you should ask your bus company to get them cleaned then?

You could ask - but I don't think they will wash all their passengers!

Shaz

so why are you replying to this thread then?

Because I can!!! You were not asking a question you were making a statement to make yourself feel better. If you actually read my post then you would see it was thanking you for the warning about what happens on Public transport.
Your rudeness may actually surpass those you were moaning about in the first place...
Don't post if you don't want replies......

I normally commiserate with them that it must be really terrible not having enough money for headphones. This usually works quite nicely and they are normally too thick to tell whether I'm being genuine or taking the mick out of them.

Either way they are normally embarrassed enough to not want to attract any further attention.

methinks Gary D loves to listen to pop rap on his phone speakers while coated in addidas stripes

methinks Gary D loves to listen to pop rap on his phone speakers while coated in addidas stripes

Gary was complaining about phone speakers so your post is somewhat unecessary, Ush

Dave, Moderator

There is a petition to stop people listening to music using the crappy speaker on their mobiles.

Fair enough regmarch but it seems rather meanspirited for Gary, the OP to jump on people replying to his thread, especially replies that thank him for the warning

doesnt bother me...but then i always have my headphones on when i'm out and about :D

....mind you, they pretty good, even at a reasonably loud volume they dont bleed much externally.

Bet the same can't be said for the Oiks after a few persuasive 'taps'. :devil:

I have a fun tactic you can do, to get these irritating little oiks to switch their so-called "music" off

Or you could just sit next to them with a giant powerful magnet in your jacket pocket and just wipe their phone's memory. :devil:

A less painful trick is to bluetooth-push a Barry Mannilow track to them with your phone. (Or a picture of a 2 finger salute or something.) ;)

A less painful trick is to bluetooth-push a Barry Mannilow track to them with your phone. (Or a picture of a 2 finger salute or something.) ;)

Used to do that with goatse on trains, it was great hearing the random screams of "WHAT THE :censored: IS THAT!" from down the carriage :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom