Mobile Phones in Cinema

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by scrapbook, Oct 12, 2004.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
  2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +10,333
    That doesn't stop the little gits playing with the phones though!

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Alas, the only problem for UK people, is that jammers are - as far as I know - illegal within our country! Any member of the public who uses such a device, without government approval, is liable to a hefty fine adn/or prison time.

The reason being, that at the moment, mobile-phone jammers aren't frequency regulated. As such, there has been several cases where the signals they have generated, have interfered with things like taxi frequencies, hospital equipment, and ambulance/other emergency service transmissions. Hence, they are - at the moment - still technically banned for public use.

However, I hope that all cinemas introduce them soon. Ditto, with rail companies, as there's nothing so :censored: annoying, than some git pouring out his/her life story, to everyone within a 100 mile radius!

Pooch

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,226
    They should just implement a no tolerance policy in cinemas : use a phone and you get chucked out , no second chances . Abuse the staff as a result and the police get called.

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    hell, they should operate that policy for talking to the person next to you too!

6. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,419
    I'd love a portable jammer that I can use on the train, nothing too drastic, just a 10 metre radius would do...if they could incorporate a device to make walkmans & Ipods explode too, I'd definitely buy one! :D

7. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    DO you think this could be policed though?

IN our cinema you get all sorts of under age oiks in some adult rated movies spoiling it for us fogeys...primarily because of the staff behind the counter are spotty oiks themselves.

The 'wife' even wrote to the BBFC to see what the legal poistion was as she didnt think it right and they weren't interested at all. They put the ratings on but are not responsible for controlling who sees its!

8. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that a blocker would block the frequency! How would it differentiate between an emergency call and a regular call?

John

9. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Good idea, but as the everyone waits for the police to arrive the the film roles on and everyone suffers.

I think every one should be made to pay by credit/debit cards so the next time these louts try to buy a ticket they get refused before they get chance to do anything again.

10. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, some form of blocking system that covers the radius of the cinema room, would be great. This is one of the reasons why I hardly go now.

But, this problem is alot worse in America, I was in New York in the cinema, and people spent the majority of the film on the phone, talking, even walking around!!
    Why waste a tenner or so on the cinema, if you're not going to watch the film? It never used to be this bad.

11. geordie_nicola

geordie_nicola
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Harsh though if you dont own a credit card and are still using your kiddy bank account. Haha. Took me nearly a year to convert to an adult account after turning 18 and I know of one 23 year old that still doesnt have an adult debit card

12. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, it would be impossible to implement here. Good luck jamming a CDMA phone. Although cellphones are quite ... annoying in theaters.