Mobile Phone Ringtone

nowthatswhatica

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Its been about 4 years since I last bothered with a custom ringtone but I heard a song I thought would sound nice as a ringtone :)

My question is:
Does anyone know of a free program to edit the part of the song I like and also mute the bass from the song. I imagine bass played through a smartphone speaker sounds terrible and pointless.

If not, I'll stick to the standard IOS ringtone :)

Thanks

Cant remember but Years ago I had a Samsung program that you could pull in any MP3 and capture the section you wanted....Then save as MP3 so then you can convert it. Sorry can't give you any more details but I know you can do it.

EDIT: Sorry but is it not a huge pain in the bum to get a song as a ringtone on IOS, I remember this not happening on my wife's Iphone

I use a programme called MPTRIM.
As it sounds, allows you to trim an MP3 down to whatever you want.
Also allowed me to trim down a Star Wars clip so I could have a Jawa saying "Ootini!" as my text alert.

Not sure if Ringdroid is available for IOS, but it's what I use on my Droid and I cannot fault it.

Amazing response! Thanks everyone :)

I will try the programs mentioned in the thread.

Thanks again! :)

Had a mate of mine put a ringtone on my phone.
BIG MISTAKE was at a doctors surgery when the phone rang.
Oh who the effing hell is that,tell the effer to effoff and I couldn't turn it off as it was a new phone and I didnt know all its functions

Had a mate of mine put a ringtone on my phone.
BIG MISTAKE was at a doctors surgery when the phone rang.
Oh who the effing hell is that,tell the effer to effoff and I couldn't turn it off as it was a new phone and I didnt know all its functions

Most phones, you just press the red button or the off icon.

There are several apps that you can install that will help with this problem. I used an app (I can't remember what it was called now, it was a couple of years back) that will edit them. Now I just use Audacity on the PC and then put the file on the phone.

However, for a simpler solution, install the Zedge app. It's pretty cool.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom