Mobile Phone Recommendation for 79 year old please!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Reaction score
Hi

I'm after some help pleasing choosing a mobile phone for my friend's 79 year old mother in law.

Basically she wants:
1. Pay as you go
2. Simple with big easy to use keys
3. Camera!
4. The loudest ringtone you can get!
5. Flip up (as she can't cope with locking the keypad)

Any suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks
Greg

I'm after some help pleasing choosing a mobile phone for my friend's 79 year old mother in law.

How about the V3?

1. Pay as you go Check
2. Simple with big easy to use keys Super Check!
3. Camera! Check
4. The loudest ringtone you can get! Check
5. Flip up (as she can't cope with locking the keypad) Check

And i mean the original V3, not the i,x or any of the other variatons, you should be able to pick those up pretty cheap on PAYG now.

Only downside to the V3 is that the software is pants but unless shes going to be diving into all the features often shouldnt be that much of an issue.

I second the V3...although that would mean you couldn't get her one of these...;)

p1044b.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. We have a few of the V3s at work and I hate them, but perhaps they will fulfil everything she needs.

Cheers
Greg

Sony Ericsson Z610I:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp...001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10527

I plan on getting my mum one later in the year, she has artheritus.
I have shown it too her and she likes it, if your mum can manage to open the clamshell which is easy for long nails, then the screen is nice and big and the keys are also nice and big and well spaced, hence why my mum likes it.
And the SE interface is really easy to use and light years ahead of Moto's in ease of use.
Take a look at one next time your in a shop, it may surprise you. It's also available on pay as you go.

The V3 keys arent easy to see, the brushed steel effect creates loads of reflections and in my opinion is a case of design over function...= crap design!!!
I would go for one of the older Motorola flip phones and check she can see the keypad ok. Some of the ring tones, even if they are loud may be the wrong frequency for older people to hear properly, you will need to experiment.
Allan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom