Mobile Phone/PDA recommendations please

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I hate mobile phones. I've had a siemens one for years ( one of the first waps) and normally let the missus carry it around.

However I need one at the moment and as I've my reputation as a gadget freak to live up to I need something swish.

Also I've been looking around for something to use as a remote net browser for my wireless lan and was considering a PDA . Any possibility I can combine the two ?

what do you reckon?

I've got an SE P800 which is very nice, my wife has a nokia 7650, they are both good and bad. i've got an ipaq as well thats not too bad.

if you have any questions about them let me know and i'll go into more detail, there are some goosd honest reviews around the web - read some of those and you'll get some idea what you want.

Gary

thanks for the advice . I quite like the ipaqs . How is it for web-browsing and does it handle wifi ?

the lastest ipag h5450 covers both wifi and bluetooth, but its around £450

I've got a palm tungsten and a nokia 6310i. bluetooth surfing works fine.

thought I saw a bargain once in WHsmiths. Quick surf onto play.com whilst in there told me otherwise :)

We combine Ipaq h5450 and Nokia 6310i (Bluetooth) at work and all 60 sets work faultlessly - now! You must make sure you get the latest firmware (5.1 or higher I think) on the phone. Get connected to the GPRS network for higher speed browsing too.
Lovely bit of kit as long as your Nokia is the silver fronted model. I got the gold one (same guts inside) and it looks like something a pimp would carry around. :D

As far as PDA's with integrated phone are concerned, there is only one model out which is working well - I forget the make, but it runs on the Palm OS which isn't good for those with Outlook.

There was a Microsoft Pocket PC model (Sony/Ericson maybe?) which was out recently, but withdrawn for buggy software - surprise surprise Bill!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom