Mobile phone insurance

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Coz, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Coz

Coz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do you all take mobile phone insurance out when you buy a new phone? I never have before, but just wondering whether to this time. Although I have never lost or damaged a phone before. Just wondered what everyone else did.

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Home contents insurance I would have thought covered it

3. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Had it once when the phone company ignored me and added it anyway. Cancelled it though. Personally I look after my phone and I've never lost or seriously damaged one, so I figure at £6 a month over 10 years that's £720 I've saved, so if I break this one I'll be hacked off but replacing the phone for £200 leaves me up over time.

If however you're one if these people who is in first name terms with the chap at the apple store because you broke it again I'd say get the insurance as you'll likely to need it.

4. Subtlebrick

Subtlebrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Some of the "added value" bank accounts include phone insurance. Obviously there's a monthly charge for the account, but for about a tenner a month I get two mobiles insured, AA Recovery and some other bits and bobs that I don't really use like travel insurance etc. However, it's worth it for the mobile insurance and breakdown cover alone.

5. Stutto

Stutto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    The rising excess for iPhone claims (when I had one) put me off o2 insurance. The increased charge for my 'premium' bank account did the same shortly after.

I now have Adrian Flux gadget insurance which is paid annually. It covers more than just my phones and is cheaper per month.