Mobile phone contracts and moving to the EU

satinsaller

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two mobile phone contracts for fairly small amounts each month. I will be leaving the UK before brexit, I can cancel these as I am over the tie+in period and will still need to make a number of calls to the UK. Will the mobile companies (3 and vodafone in this case) accept a change of address abroad or will they cancel the contracts?

Sat!

Just remember after Brexit all mobile roaming bets are off, so expect to pay a lot to maintain a UK mobile anywhere in Europe.

Suggest you look at Voip services which will allow you to call from a UK number.

Just remember after Brexit all mobile roaming bets are off, so expect to pay a lot to maintain a UK mobile anywhere in Europe.
Three have already said any changes to law after Brexit won't affecting roaming. They've always been the best network for using your phone abroad. Can't speak for Vodafone though.

Three have already said any changes to law after Brexit won't affecting roaming. They've always been the best network for using your phone abroad. Can't speak for Vodafone though.

There are already time restrictions on EU roaming, the OP will find the SIM card suspended after 60 days use.

This offer is intended to be used by UK residents travelling abroad, and Three reserves the right to suspend the service in the event the UK allowance is used exclusively abroad for two (2) months within a twelve (12) month period.

Hi,

I have two mobile phone contracts for fairly small amounts each month. I will be leaving the UK before brexit, I can cancel these as I am over the tie+in period and will still need to make a number of calls to the UK. Will the mobile companies (3 and vodafone in this case) accept a change of address abroad or will they cancel the contracts?

Sat!

Brexit was on 31/1/2020 iirc so you are a bit late leaving before Brexit 🤣

Best to ask your provider if they accept an address abroad. I’ve made the move several times and in my experience they don’t. But also don’t just cancel contracts, well they do but you’ll be liable for the full and outstanding amount. As I’ve moved abroad 17 times I see it as part of the cost of moving. Unless you can switch to a monthly rolling contract. Then your liability is just one month.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom