Mobile phone contract problem (within 14 days) Nokia N81 on Vodaphone

joydivision

Standard Member
I am recieving messages late on my new phone and some are not being recieved at all. This is causing all sorts of problems.

I already have an old contract which I am paying of at £20 a month as I still have £80 liability on it. If I canceled my new contract I would be liable to pay my first months line rental at £40. Therefore it makes no sense to cancel.

Phones 4 U are sending me £150 cash into my bank after 14 days.

There are a few little issues with my new phone N81 which I have began to really get to like but this text problem has now made me regret it. How easy would it be to get a different phone and can I do this via Vodaphone or would I have to go to the same Phones 4 U store I visited?

The other issue with my new phone is the battery cover is cheap and creaks when sending text messages so I am worried how long this phone will last on an 18 months contract. It is a shame because this is a brilliant phone on so many ways.

What should I do? Threaten to cancel and see if I can get a better deal, threaten to cancel and risk loosing £40 or do nothing and just hope they fix the text problem?

I guess my biggest concern is having to keep this phone for 18 months. I would rather pay a little more and get a 12 month contract on the same phone.

3T3L1

I am recieving messages late on my new phone and some are not being recieved at all. This is causing all sorts of problems.

I already have an old contract which I am paying of at £20 a month as I still have £80 liability on it. If I canceled my new contract I would be liable to pay my first months line rental at £40. Therefore it makes no sense to cancel.

Phones 4 U are sending me £150 cash into my bank after 14 days.

There are a few little issues with my new phone N81 which I have began to really get to like but this text problem has now made me regret it. How easy would it be to get a different phone and can I do this via Vodaphone or would I have to go to the same Phones 4 U store I visited?

The other issue with my new phone is the battery cover is cheap and creaks when sending text messages so I am worried how long this phone will last on an 18 months contract. It is a shame because this is a brilliant phone on so many ways.

What should I do? Threaten to cancel and see if I can get a better deal, threaten to cancel and risk loosing £40 or do nothing and just hope they fix the text problem?

I guess my biggest concern is having to keep this phone for 18 months. I would rather pay a little more and get a 12 month contract on the same phone.

This sounds like a network problem rather than a phone problem. Have you called Vodaphone to discuss it?

Ages ago, I had a similar problem for about 2 days on T-Mobile which they put down to some account activation screwup. It did culminate in my phone being barred from the network for about 24h whilst they sorted it however!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom