Mobile Lightroom Very Serious Bug - anyone affected?

johnmc

:eek:just goes to prove the point of 3 backups , don't rely on 1 source
not affected btw.
moved away from lightroom , onto Capture one.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
:eek:just goes to prove the point of 3 backups , don't rely on 1 source
not affected btw.
moved away from lightroom , onto Capture one.

It's an absolutely appalling mistake Adobe have made and I thought it was clickbait headlines exaggerating the problem but I can't believe they did actually delete photos, it's alarming that made it into the build but really quite terrifying it made it past their testing.

That said given a phone can be easily lost, stolen or dropped as well as a hardware failure and I'm surprised how many people don't back up the data from the phone which means it's all gone when something happens to the phone.

shotokan101

Banned
@snerkler - your stuff all safely backed up Toby?

Jim

snerkler

Distinguished Member
@snerkler - your stuff all safely backed up Toby?

Jim
Photos backed up to iCloud as well as copies on the computer :smashin: I don’t use LR mobile very often tbh so haven’t done the update. I assume it’s only photos from the app that were deleted and not ones from the iPhone camera roll?

shotokan101

Banned
Photos backed up to iCloud as well as copies on the computer :smashin: I don’t use LR mobile very often tbh so haven’t done the update. I assume it’s only photos from the app that were deleted and not ones from the iPhone camera roll?
"Think" it's only LR ones...

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member

It's a good question and I can't work out the answer to it mainly because I'm not familiar with how the app works. There's a lot of people talking about how they've lost huge numbers of photos but then some talk about losing edited photos and others talk about losing photos when they used the LR camera so I don't think camera roll photos were lost. I'm wondering is it possible to import photos from the camera roll into the Lightroom app at which point the original photo from the camera roll is removed?

snerkler

Distinguished Member
It's a good question and I can't work out the answer to it mainly because I'm not familiar with how the app works. There's a lot of people talking about how they've lost huge numbers of photos but then some talk about losing edited photos and others talk about losing photos when they used the LR camera so I don't think camera roll photos were lost. I'm wondering is it possible to import photos from the camera roll into the Lightroom app at which point the original photo from the camera roll is removed?
Dunno, maybe it's any photo linked with the app. I wonder if there'll be any compensation payouts, especially if anyone's lost any professional work?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom