Mobile laptop web n walk type service

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Printerman, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Printerman

Printerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi a friend is moving into a house share with no phone line. She wants internet and best she can find is "three" web n' walk type service. Its £15 contract. She doesn't really want to be tied to a contract for too long but also doesn't want to pay for all the kit.

Is "three" the best deal out now for £15 or are there better deals? Also, how much do they really cost when you get your bill?

2. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,099
    thats about the cheapest !

i use my viewty as a modem on webnwalk plus and have NEVER paid more than my monthly contract price and i cane it somewhat!

3. Printerman

Printerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the same deal for the type that plugs into your laptop? top be honest shes not bothered about "anywhere" access, its just there is no fixed phone line so is the easiest option.

4. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm on wnw plus as well, it doesn't matter what device you use with your sim, it's only the data transfer that matters.

T-mobile were more than happy to help me setup my phone as a bluetooth modem instead of using the supplied modem dongle.

I pay around £35 per month and get unlimited data transfer and £60 a month flext allowance to use on calls/texts.

Depending on her current mobile contract situation she me be better getting a new contract with a phone that can be used as a bluetooth modem and a tarrif like mine, that way she could probably get a new 'free' phone, all calls and texts and internet access for £35 a month.