1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile died, which new one? All in 1 or just phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Triggaaar, May 5, 2005.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,010
    Hi. My mobile is completely dead, so I need to order another asap, and really don't know what the options are. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Basic requirements:
    I'd like it to be small (old Nokia 8210, and Siemens S55 were 80g, 10cm, so I don't want it much bigger).
    I'd like to be able to set appointments in it, with alarm (I use that feature of S55 all the time - just a one word reminder alarm is all I need)

Bonus requirements:
    I'd like it to be Bluetooth - I've been given a Bluetooth headset (not yet tried) and my pda is Bluetooth (not used online, but would like the option)
    Camera - I don't take my D70 everywhere, so if it had a decent quality (relatively) camera, it would be good. Not for SMSing to friends, but photos for keeps.

In terms of whether it's better to have an all in 1, or seperate camera and mp3, I guess it depends how good quality you need, and how often you use the feature.
    The only time I'd like an mp3 is on holiday, so I figure I'd probably be better with a seperate player when I need it.
    I don't want to carry a small camera everywhere I go, for snap shots in the pub etc, so if I can get a reasonable one in the phone, that could be a good thing.

And I'd like it to be reliable! Fed up with features failing.

I'm pay monthly, and can get a basic phone free, but if it had a decent camera etc, I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount.

Any suggestions?
    Cheers :thumbsup:

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,010
    Having read through the threads here, and looked at some specs, I'm currently thinking of the Samsung D500 or Motorola V635.
    I would consider the Nokia 6230i, but for O2 upgrades, I wouldn't get it 'til the 16th (and I don't know how much it would cost). If it really was the business I'd wait, but I think the other 2 options could do.

The V635 would cost me £30, come with a USB cable and Bluetooth headset (which I don't need).
    The D500 is free for me, but I'd have to spend £20 ish on a USB cable, or Bluetooth dongle. Main gripe against it is the fact it can't vibrate and ring at the same time.

The D500 screen may also scrath a lot in my pocket with my keys. But there are a lot of happy users (I don't care whether the phone I get is common or not, I just want it to be decent).

Any suggestions?

Cheers