• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mobile Broadband Software query

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I've finally got Orange Mobile Broadband, with one of their USB Dongles, and I have a monthly 3gb Data Limit. Now, does anyone know if there is any software I can install that will show exactly how much data I am using, and total it up for me, so I can see when I get close to the 3gb limit, as nothing came with the dongle itself? :confused:

Thanks. :)

Pooch

Bilbob

Prominent Member
Don't they have an on-line counter?
You know, one where you have to use bandwidth to see how much bandwidth you've used :)

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Are you sure there isn't a meter included within the software for the dongle?

There used to be for Orange devices, and there is for just about all the other providers offerings..

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

All of the mobile phone providers have an online website calculator that takes an educated guess at what your total weekly or monthly download might be, based on the number of e-mails, MP3's etc uploaded or downloaded are, but I wanted something that would physically tell me how much of the 3gb data limit I've used, each day, so that I don't go over that limit, and incur excessive monthly fees. :)

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. :)

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom