1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMORPG Killing

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Pooon, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
  2. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow ...... just wow :eek:

As tragic as the story is I have to admit I found it hard keeping a straight face reading it. The stories i'm hearing about these MMORPG communities are becoming truly bizarre. And just imagine when incidents this serious start to hit America :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see how they manage to shift the blame onto videogames while sweeping this bloke's obvious mental issues to the sidelines, I can already see the headlines :rolleyes:

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Can't wait for the 'exclusive' story in the Daily Mail.............................. No doubt it will be another piece of well balanced journalism like they usually produce :rotfl:

4. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i then look at the bottom of the page: "quake could kill up to 2,000", I thought it meant the videogame :rotfl:

5. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Off on another tangent: There does seem to be a lot of these computer related killings in Asia. You don't hear much about them in good old Europe. I wonder why :confused: Here's another Asia based one, nothing to do with MMORPGs though:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=qw1058427901273B235

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    That's absolutely crazy! I guess MMORPG's can be a bad thing to those who are pretty sad, lonely and without a decent real life existance. I can easily see that some people will relish these other worlds where they can achieve power & Status that they could only dream of in reality. I've played quite a few of them but i've never stuck at them for long as they are always full of sado's who take the whole thing far too seriously. It's just a game!! They could actually be good fun if they weren't inhabbited by sado's but I guess these games are always going to attract them.

To place such importance on an item from a video game is just ridiculous and if people can't distinguish between a real life item and an item made up of pixels and statistics on a computer screen then they should be locked up.

Again it's not the games that are at fault - just some of the rather unstable people who play them! You are right though - the Daily Mail (not actually being able to see or understand what is happening) will no doubt go and produce another piece of pathetic & unfounded paper selling, parent scaring journalism. I've always wondered - has anyone ever been incited to murder someone after reading a Daily Mail article, i've often had the urge but thankfully have the restraint required not to follow through on my actions :D :rotfl:

7. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Often, trouble is I don't know the addresses of the Daily Mail journos so they are safe for the moment. :D :p :devil:

*EDIT* just in case there are any Daily Mail Journalists out there reading this who don't have a sense of humour and fear for their lives..... I'm just Kidding!! :rolleyes:

S.