MMO or FPS Mouse Do I Get, Please Help

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by fst2011, Dec 31, 2016.

1. fst2011

fst2011
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm long time console user and a friend finally got me to switch. I'm going absolutely crazy with not knowing the correct mouse to get. My problem is this, I dont play one certain type of game and cause Im new I plan on playing different games from FPS to MMO...I tried searching google and my head hurts sooooo bad.

Please if someone can try and point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate any and all help. My friend said I should get the Razor Naga, to me looks like great mouse but I heard its not for FPS is this true?

Thanks for the help,
    Max

2. Eddy555

Eddy555
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,696
  3. aslird

aslird
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,250
    I have a razer naga and it is great. To say it is not an FPS mouse is absurd, unless you play professionally. You can change the DPI when needed in the software, and has plenty of buttons (19 I think) to macro stuff onto when you play mmo's.

4. fst2011

fst2011
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to thank you both for taking the time to lend some advice. Im excited to start gaming on the pc. Its going to take a long time to get used to all the different things you can do and etc compared to console.

You both seem to mention about the DPI...is this something you would NEED to change often and on the fly in both FPS and MMO...or could you once get the right DPI, be done with changing it and continue playing...or is it really something you def need to change often while playing?

As for the naga I know its mainly made for MMO but could you also use some of the extra buttons as a benifit with playing FPS?

Lastly what are some important things to look for in a mouse, if any?

Thanks again in advance for the time and hope the questions were not too newbie'ish...Been gaming on console many years and now at 40...im going the PC way...yes I know its late but better now then never right...lol

Max

5. aslird

aslird
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,250
    You do not need to change, but it can be beneficial in some games. With the naga you set profiles per game, so you can have for example a CSGO profile and a Warcraft profile, both with different DPI, macros etc. I also use the number keys on the naga to swap weapons in BF1.

I just find the Naga more convenient, as my old fingers do not need to stretch all over my keyboard :)

6. fst2011

fst2011
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the time and advice. I swear they make this soooo confusing. Not sure which to get might get eith the G600 or the G502 or both and then return one or do a giveaway...I cant make up my mind and being a NEW pc user I really cant make up my mind....I just want to play...lol and not be at a disadvantage....make sense?

Thanks again everyone,
    Max

7. BontaKun3000

BontaKun3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    You won't be at a disadvantage with any good mouse, they will all do their job just fine.
    While yes some are geared towards certain games more than others, they really are fine for whatever game you play.
    If you have the budget then get a different mouse for the different types of games but really no need for that.

As far as I know one of the best all rounders atm is the Razer Deathadder Elite.
    Simple mouse but very good one(one I might pick up myself)

Altho can't go wrong with the G502 from what I'm told, it's pretty good as well.

I use a Roccat Tyon which is abit odd tbh but I like it, works well with both MMORPG and FPS, altho it's better at FPS.