Mmmmmmmm, chocolate!

BubbleDouble

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I don't expect to have any time to get something new when I get back to the UK, so posting this one from our night out in Boat Quay, Singapore. Didn't have my flash with me, so shot at ISO 8000 :eek:

Mmmmmmmmmmm...... by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

Nice image this, well composed and very impressive for 8000 ISO. However, for me it's nothing special I'm afraid. I actually prefer your minion shot in the INV thread :devil:

I think this is kind of what the whole idea was :) Nice one and the ISO is not an issue. That's why the button is there on your camera, that you can change it and use it when needed! And yummy, indeed :)

EXIF
full

Nice image this, well composed and very impressive for 8000 ISO. However, for me it's nothing special I'm afraid. I actually prefer your minion shot in the INV thread :devil:

Yes, I knew you would :p

I think this is kind of what the whole idea was :) Nice one and the ISO is not an issue. That's why the button is there on your camera, that you can change it and use it when needed! And yummy, indeed :)

Thanks M. I'm not really worried about the high ISO either, just thought I'd mention it before someone asks "why such a high ISO?" :D

Yes, I knew you would :p
Sorry mate, I do feel like I've been picking on your images the past couple of days :(

It's not that this isn't a good shot, it really is. It's just for me, the perspective of the other one looks like we're sharing the image/vision with your son, but with this one we're just looking at him looking at chocolate, if that makes sense? Plus I just think those minions are hilarious :p

When I said it isn't special, this doesn't mean it's not a very nice shot, it's just that it's nothing unique and whilst I appreciate the shot, the compostion the DOF etc it just doesn't have that wow factor. I'm making it worse aren't I :( :laugh:

Sorry mate, I do feel like I've been picking on your images the past couple of days :(

It's not that this isn't a good shot, it really is. It's just for me, the perspective of the other one looks like we're sharing the image/vision with your son, but with this one we're just looking at him looking at chocolate, if that makes sense?

Plus I just think those minions are hilarious :p

No, don't worry, it's all harmless banter and any feedback is appreciated :D We're all entitled to our opinions and I never expect everyone, or indeed anyone, to actually like any of my shots, it's always a learning curve for me :smashin:

It's a bit OOF ? :devil:

I like the idea and the technique - only issue for me (and it's not the cropped :eek: head - but it's a biggie for me I suppose) is the viewpoint (unless you simply forgot to say it was shot in a mirror ;))

...and you thought Snerks could be pedantic and critical :blush::facepalm:

Great shot just not for me on this theme :)

<flameproof-anti-Marika-undies-on> ;)

It's a bit OOF ? :devil:

.... only issue for me .... is the viewpoint (unless you simply forgot to say it was shot in a mirror ;))

Shot with the 135L at closest range so not much is going to be in focus and in fact I wanted that wafer of DoF to be on the cake, not on Kai :p

What's your issue with the viewpoint exactly? I think it works from this angle and no, it wasn't shot in a mirror.

LOL - Darren the viewpoint comment is simply that as he's looking at it then it can't really be "through his eyes" - and hence the jokey "mirror" comment.... :blush:

...and I knew what you were doing with the focus point and I think I know what you were trying to achieve with keeping it so thin - just didn't work for me personally... :)

Well it doesn't need to actually be 'through the childs eyes'

You can see how what he must be thinking, the patience/impatience.. and possibly the wonder.. when will I get to eat this... WILL i get to eat this..

:)

Well it doesn't need to actually be 'through the childs eyes'

You can see how what he must be thinking, the patience/impatience.. and possibly the wonder.. when will I get to eat this... WILL i get to eat this..

:)
Not if I was around, he wouldn't get a look in ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom