MMA Discussion Thread

You must have a hard on for hating on conor. All your posts ever are is "can he just fudge of etc etc" kinda boring.

Is your life that bad you have to hate on someone else so much to feel better about yourself?

[emoji23]

The guys an idiot and he’s ruining the sport of MMA. And if you think all my posts are about Conor you obviously haven’t looked very hard. But I guess you one of those nuthuggers that can’t see any wrong in whatever he does and probably thinks he’s the GOAT.

It gets worse as he slapped an official too.

In other news Anderson has popped and is out of his Shanghai fight with Gastellum so I guess that’s his career over.

Conor is ruining the sport.

Lol

Yep because running into the cage,pushing a ref and hitting a commissioner show the sport in a great light.

Love him or hate him, to suggest that he's ruining the entire sport of MMA is just bizarre.

It' rridiculous behaviour and the UFC should (but won't) sanction him but that will have practically zero impact on the sport as a whole.

Ruining the sport is probably overboard to be fair but I know I enjoyed it more before he was around.

Reports now that he’s been arrested after fighting at his hotel.

Wouldn't be a bad thing.

His ego is out if control and he needs to get back to what he does best.

Problem is that if the UFC does nothing or gives him a slap on the wrist it’s going to feed that ego even more

Exactly. But they are too short sighted to realise that letting him continue going out of control could be worse for business in the long term than giving him a serious slap down now and trying to get him to wise up.

Then again I can see their problem. Now that McGregor has made his millions and also opened the door to boxing he could very easily walk away from MMA. A fight with Mallinagi would generate a lot of cash (although nowhere near Mayweather money) and if that didn't pan out he could just quit entirely.

Exactly. But they are too short sighted to realise that letting him continue going out of control could be worse for business in the long term than giving him a serious slap down now and trying to get him to wise up.

Then again I can see their problem. Now that McGregor has made his millions and also opened the door to boxing he could very easily walk away from MMA. A fight with Mallinagi would generate a lot of cash (although nowhere near Mayweather money) and if that didn't pan out he could just quit entirely.

He’s absolutely rich enough to walk away but he strikes me as one of those guys who’d burn through it all in no time. If he walked surely his ufc contract would restrict him from fighting Paulie as its pretty much ironclad as Couture found out.

If he walked surely his ufc contract would restrict him from fighting Paulie as its pretty much ironclad as Couture found out.
Maybe, but while many fighters have tried to escape a UFC contract before and failed, there has never been a fighter with pockets as deep as McGregor.

Aldo vs Holloway rematch now official.

Conor is ruining the sport.

Lol

In a way he is. Before Conor the sport had a lot more integrity. Fans were happy to just see the number 1 guy fight the number 2 guy. Sure, there were still some wacky matches but for the most part the product itself was enough.

Now everything has to be a money fight and where has that left us? 145 and 155 have been lessened by him not defending and now we've got GSP at 185 for some reason.

Because Conor can do 1.5m PPV buys, now everything is held to that standard. But no lets put in Brock or GSP at MW. I just want to know who the best in the world is.

Right now Holloway, Ferg and Whittaker are the best in their divisions but don't get the respect because of the money fight nonsense.

If Bisping loses surely he has to retire? If Gastellum wins convincingly I don't see what other option he has.

In a way he is. Before Conor the sport had a lot more integrity. Fans were happy to just see the number 1 guy fight the number 2 guy.
That not down to McGregor though. It's down to the new UFC owners having huge $ signs in their eyes all the time.

Bisping vs GSP for example.

If McGregor doesn't come back to MMA they'll continue to do the same with whoever the next biggest draw is.

Huge respect to Michael Bisping. Rather than bury his head after losing his title he's right back in there against a very dangerous opponent.

I hope he wins. Partly because he's a warrior and partly because I can't stand Gastelum.

How on Earth is Bisping medically cleared to take this fight?

Gastelum... eesh. That's like Cerrone taking the Till fight. Massive gamble, very little upside. Taking a chance like this for a Chinese Fight Pass card? Bisping's an idiot.

Massive respect to him though for having the balls to do it.

I enjoyed last night's card. Some veteran names on there. Guida looking better than ever!

Big respect to Bisping for taking a dangerous fight on such short notice.

Pleased to see Arlovski get a win and he looked good but I was expecting him to get knocked out at some point

Shitty way for what was a great main event and felt sorry for Pettis as he seemed to be locking in the triangle just as the ref called a time out.

Bellator up their usual daft (yet unmissable) nonsense again.

attachment.jpg

A heavyweight tournament featuring only 4 heavyweights, 3 light heavyweights and a middleweight. Lol.

In other news, Bisping has confirmed that he wants to fight at UFC London in March and that it will be his retirement fight.

Bellator up their usual daft (yet unmissable) nonsense again.

View attachment 938076

A heavyweight tournament featuring only 4 heavyweights, 3 light heavyweights and a middleweight. Lol.

In other news, Bisping has confirmed that he wants to fight at UFC London in March and that it will be his retirement fight.

Wonder if Bisping will ask for Rockhold or Weidman?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom