MMA Discussion Thread

Silva is likely to just come out and invent something like 'ear-lobe poking' or a 'flying chest-jab' on-the-fly and within the rules and then annoy the gameplan out of anyone. I'd far rather see him at GSP though. Either could be close fights.

Jones is too intelligent and confident. Everyone else that Silva faces buys into the mystique of his style (apart from Sonnen & Boris;) that one time) but Jones won't. He'll be smart enough to adapt and go to Silva's weakest areas and then outmuscle him.

Amended;)

honestly - read that this morning and thought the same. What a idiot. He got totally outclass/dominated by a half fit GSP (according to reports) and wants to throw all the rubbish about drugs etc in to the mix to try and get another shot.

If I was Dana i would happily boot him.

my 2p's worth. All at the same weight, Silva beats GSP, but Jones beats Silva.:p:p

If Diaz didn't make so many excuses, this complaint might be taken more seriously. It's not impossible that GSP's tiredness could have been due to a tough weight cut. If that was the case, then cutting a further .9 lbs would be significant for someone that was already struggling. I just find it odd that officials declared this .9 lb allowance when it's written in the contract that the weight is 170 and title fights have to be smack on the weight or under.

I actually think that might be the end for Hardy.

He spoke recently about his plan to retire fairly soon, within 2 years I think was his plan. With this diagnosis I think the end may come sooner than expected.

i said a while ago i thought calum ( i think thats his name) was a dark horse and potential winner of this series and after that performance im convinced he will be a star

Last edited:
Re TUF
I like the young Wrestler that won the first fight. He seems to be improving the most and Sonnen thinks a lot of him. Also wasnn't that bothered that the brit lost as I like the Kiwi guy, he seems nice.
Lastly, Lol at Bubba for being scared for his next fight. He clearly does not have the right mental attitude to make it as a MMA fighter, which is why he hasn't done so up til now

Most deffo. Bubba came across as a right bitch.

The wrestler guy seems like a good kid and I liked the fact that they both came out swinging.

Would have liked to have seen more Rousey and Tyson. Why have them there if you're not going to focus on them?

I don't see the point in having Tyson there but agree Rousey should have got more airtime. Looking forward to a whole season of TUF with her coaching

To be honest, I'm not. Rousey's great but I think the coaches will end up bitchfighting worse than Evans and Rampage and the co-ed contestants idea sounds rubbish. Plus it's a house of 135ers which has literally no value.

You won't see much training as every episode will have a 15 minute fight in it.

You won't see much training as every episode will have a 15 minute fight in it.

I'll enjoy watching Rousey do some Judo but yeah I can imagine the fights will be :boring:

I'll enjoy watching Rousey do some Judo but yeah I can imagine the fights will be :boring:

yeah but i doubt they will concentrate much on the training techniques etc, id be quite happy watch more of the training in each show myself as i find it interesting.

Whats really annoying in the TUF fights is the coaches shouting "get up, Get up" all the time as if the guy on the bottom doesnt know that.

djcla said:
yeah but i doubt they will concentrate much on the training techniques etc, id be quite happy watch more of the training in each show myself as i find it interesting.

Whats really annoying in the TUF fights is the coaches shouting "get up, Get up" all the time as if the guy on the bottom doesnt know that.

To be fair, some times the guy on the bottom should know to get up but I think shouting it is like a kick start reminder not to settle for guard.

Someone here posted a video of this guy (Michael Page) describing him as the 'British Anderson Silva' a few months ago. He made his U.S debut at Bellator 93 last week.

Bellator 93 was a superb show and is well worth watching but If you can't be bothered and want to know how Page got on, click the spoiler.

Page came out as flashy as ever and KO'd his opponent in 10 seconds with a right hand. His footwork and movement looked amazing. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Someone here posted a video of this guy (Michael Page) describing him as the 'British Anderson Silva' a few months ago. He made his U.S debut at Bellator 93 last week.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awSmJfuhbU

Bellator 93 was a superb show and is well worth watching but If you can't be bothered and want to know how Page got on, click the spoiler.

* SPOILER *

Great k.o very confident fighter. I often wonder, with these type of fighters what would happen if they got put in with Gsp, Carlos etc straight away. Would they fight the same with as much confidence/cockyness?

Well he's fighting at WW so if he progresses through the ranks in Bellator, he's going to run into Ben Askren who's arguably the best wrestler in all of MMA. I've seen Page put on his back once and he got an arm bar within a few seconds but that'll be a lot more difficult to do against someone at Askren's level.

DrPhil said:
World Series of Fighting event is live tonight here.

Arlovski vs Johnson main event.

I was rooting for Arlovski in this fight, always been a fan since his early UFC days and was looking forward to his possible return if he beat "Rumble" but looks like he's really got to up his game now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom