MMA Discussion Thread Part VIIII (IX) Nov 10 - Mar 11

MMA Discussion Thread Part X Mar 11 - Aug 11

MMA Discussion Thread Part XI Aug 11 - Nov 11

MMA Discussion Thread Part XII Nov 11 -Feb 12

MMA Discussion Thread Part XIII Feb 12 - May 12

MMA Discussion Thread Part XIV May 12 - August 12

MMA Discussion Thread Part XV Aug 12 - Dec 12

MMA Discussion Thread Part XVI Dec 12 - Mar 13

MMA Discussion Thread Part XVII Mar 13 - ?

Last edited:
Another dope failure, Lavar Johnson. High testosterone. He admitted that he has been given a TUE for TRT but failed to notify the UFC before his last fight.

He got a 9 month suspension from the commission, and his walking papers from the UFC.

Last edited:
I think Hendricks will be a good match for GSP but I do think GSP will pull out a win.
tt
Either way it will be up there with my must see's !

Regarding TUF, I havent seen this episode yet but Bubba gets on my tits too.

If he was as good as he makes out, wouldn't he already be in the UFC by now ?

Another dope failure, Lavar Johnson. High testosterone. He admitted that he has been given a TUE for TRT but failed to notify the UFC before his last fight.

He got a 9 month suspension from the commission, and his walking papers from the UFC.

His most-recent tweet, Feb 28: "Thank God, I still have a job with the ufc!"

TRT is out of control.

Completely agree.

I think both Dana and the commissions are realising this now and starting to take action.

The commissions have said that they will not issue TUEs to anyone with a past history of steroid suspensions (which will include Belfort) and Dana said that the UFC are going to implement massively increased drug testing targeting TRT users all the way through their training camp.

Whatever bright spark at whatever Athletic Commission who first thought it would be Ok to give a TUE for TRT on a perfectly healthy individual needs a slap. Precedent was set and then it exploded.

I agree gsp Hendricks will be one of those
Must see fights, but Don't think It will Have the same intensity as the condit Hendricks fight

Any one heard any info on the UK TV deal yet? Seems to be taking some time to play out . I wouldnt be suprised if it stays on ESPN but as part of BT sports package myself. I dont see Ch 5 taking it on or at least not all of it but i could see the possibility of the Fuel/FX/Fox events going to a station like five and the PPV's going to a premium channel. Any thoughts?

Just listening to the 5 Live bit now.

Good old GAD, bumbling as ever. He must have been so geared up to use the term mixed martial arts rather than cage fighting, so he told us how the UFC was started to bring different mixed martial artists together to see which mixed martial art was better. :D

Bisping just told a porkie too, said that there has never been a death in the sport. Never in the UFC maybe, but there have been a few in the sport.

Looking forward to the big Boris debut...

Last edited:
Intrigued to see how Mousasi gets on in his UFC debut.
Gustafsson must be pretty close to getting a shot at the title but I think a big win for Mousasi could see him getting a shot next.
Any thoughts?

They've been teasing Gustafsson as a potential challenger for Jones for ages. They need him to dominate this fight to sell a title challenge. Put him in too soon and it's just another guy who has no chance.

They've been teasing Gustafsson as a potential challenger for Jones for ages. They need him to dominate this fight to sell a title challenge. Put him in too soon and it's just another guy who has no chance.
Regardless of how Gustaffson does in this fight I still dont see him having a chance against Jones. Anderson Silva is the one fighter i'd like to see Jones fight.

Regardless of how Gustaffson does in this fight I still dont see him having a chance against Jones. Anderson Silva is the one fighter i'd like to see Jones fight.

I don't like these superfights at all. No way Silva beats Jones, no way GSP beats Silva.

Sure they are in neighbouring weight classes but that's still such an advantage.

There's too much weight class shenanigans these days.

I don't like these superfights at all. No way Silva beats Jones, no way GSP beats Silva.

Sure they are in neighbouring weight classes but that's still such an advantage.

There's too much weight class shenanigans these days.

You say that but Silva came up to 205lb and beat the former LHW champion (Forrest Griffin) very easily.

Standing up, Silva has the skills to KO Jones.
If the UFC managed to put this fight on I would personally wet myself with excitement:blush:

Silva beats everybody nine times out of ten. Because it is so.

Jones is too intelligent and confident. Everyone else that Silva faces buys into the mystique of his style (apart from Sonnen that one time) but Jones won't. He'll be smart enough to adapt and go to Silva's weakest areas and then outmuscle him.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom