Quantcast

MMA Discussion Thread

djcla

Distinguished Member
Conor will go for the 185lbs strap and take on GSP is my hunch ...

As for the fights if you have not seen the early prelims you missed the worst KO i think ive ever seen in the UFC..

Top to bottom best card ever in my opinion was superb viewing.. Not sure what happened to Joanna but she looked outclassed . GSP looked the best ive seen him entertainment wise for years.

Oh and i like DC commentary he just gets excited which adds something to the broadcast imo.

BigStu1972

Distinguished Member
Conor will go for the 185lbs strap and take on GSP is my hunch ...

As for the fights if you have not seen the early prelims you missed the worst KO i think ive ever seen in the UFC..

Top to bottom best card ever in my opinion was superb viewing.. Not sure what happened to Joanna but she looked outclassed . GSP looked the best ive seen him entertainment wise for years.

Oh and i like DC commentary he just gets excited which adds something to the broadcast imo.
I can't see Conor fighting at 185

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Nor can I. He would have a belly like Johnny Hendricks.

I'd say GSP wouldn't mind that fight, massive money and no doubt the UFC would figure out a way of putting an interim belt on the line, but I genuinely don't think he'll be able to make 170 again in a hurry.

BigStu1972

Distinguished Member
Nor can I. He would have a belly like Johnny Hendricks.

I'd say GSP wouldn't mind that fight, massive money and no doubt the UFC would figure out a way of putting an interim belt on the line, but I genuinely don't think he'll be able to make 170 again in a hurry.
I would make GSP a big Favourtie.
Re GSP's other options, at MW and WW, can you see him winning either of those?

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Hard to know what his chances are at any level.

In his previous stint at WW he was beginning to get tagged a lot and wasn't dominating with wrestling as much as before. Tyron Woodley is a strong brute of a wrestler and hits like a truck which is a bad combination for GSP unless he really is much better than before as he claims.

At MW I think he'll be dwarfed by the majority of contenders. Too many tall rangy fighters with more power than Bisping. And bear in mind that I had Bisping as a big favourite and I still would if they fought again tomorrow.

BigStu1972

Distinguished Member
Hard to know what his chances are at any level.

In his previous stint at WW he was beginning to get tagged a lot and wasn't dominating with wrestling as much as before. Tyron Woodley is a strong brute of a wrestler and hits like a truck which is a bad combination for GSP unless he really is much better than before as he claims.

At MW I think he'll be dwarfed by the majority of contenders. Too many tall rangy fighters with more power than Bisping. And bear in mind that I had Bisping as a big favourite and I still would if they fought again tomorrow.
I totally agree which kind of leaves Conor as a safe-ish, well paid, retirement option.

I thought GSP was starting to tire and would also bet on Bisping winning if they fought again. Other than the finish, GSP did not overly impress me.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Till vs Wonderboy is on! Rooting for Till he’s way more exciting than point fighter Thomson.

mitch

Distinguished Member
And in England?

Didnt know there was an event happening in England in February. Might try to make it over for that one.
Think it was supposed to be in Orlando but got switched due to Till headlining.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
As for the Cage Warriors Co promotion theory, this morning I'd have said no way. The UFC don't co-promote. Even though they have a business arrangement with Cage Warriors as it shows on Fight Pass.

But I've just read that Dana wants to start promoting boxing matches, including matches on UFC cards. I hope that's BS. I have zero interest in boxing. Plus how could they without having a ring and a cage in the same venue?

mitch

Distinguished Member
As for the Cage Warriors Co promotion theory, this morning I'd have said no way. The UFC don't co-promote. Even though they have a business arrangement with Cage Warriors as it shows on Fight Pass.

But I've just read that Dana wants to start promoting boxing matches, including matches on UFC cards. I hope that's BS. I have zero interest in boxing. Plus how could they without having a ring and a cage in the same venue?
Bellator do events with kickboxing and mma having a ring and cage in the same arena. Alternatively for the Pride fanboys(like me) just move to using a ring.

booyaka

Just seen a video on Facebook of Conor McGregor jumping the cage at Bellator for his teammate Charlie ward and ends up going for referee Marc Goddard [emoji23][emoji23]

mitch

Distinguished Member
Any chance he can just fudge off and never come back?

Here’s Dana talking about when Roy Nelson kicked Big John

You can’t apologize for that," White said. "You don’t ever, ever put your fudgeing hands on a referee, or your feet, for any reason whatso-fudgeing ever. You don’t do it. He needs to be buried! He went over there and he put his foot on his ass to like push him over, you know what I mean? Was flipping him off, yelling whatever. You wanna flip a ref off, there is never, ever a situation where you put your fudgeing hands on a referee. Ever. You can’t apologize for that

Let’s see what excuses he makes for his cash cow.

iLTx

Any chance he can just fudge off and never come back?

Here’s Dana talking about when Roy Nelson kicked Big John

You can’t apologize for that," White said. "You don’t ever, ever put your fudgeing hands on a referee, or your feet, for any reason whatso-fudgeing ever. You don’t do it. He needs to be buried! He went over there and he put his foot on his ass to like push him over, you know what I mean? Was flipping him off, yelling whatever. You wanna flip a ref off, there is never, ever a situation where you put your fudgeing hands on a referee. Ever. You can’t apologize for that

Let’s see what excuses he makes for his cash cow.
You must have a hard on for hating on conor. All your posts ever are is "can he just fudge of etc etc" kinda boring.

Is your life that bad you have to hate on someone else so much to feel better about yourself?

[emoji23]