MMA Discussion Thread

I don't have a problem with people cutting weight to fight at a lower class.

But don't be so bloody casual about it that you miss weight and balls up such an important fight.

Khabib has missed 155 twice now.

Say what you like about McGregor, but he made 145 for years without issue even though it was clearly a hard cut.

He even made 145 for the fight before Mendes just to prove that he could make championship weight because people always speculated that he was struggling to even hit 146.

Gutted , the first decent fight card of the year ruined. Ferguson said something to khabib about his weight cut at the stare downs too.

Evening with McGregor is on BT sport Tonight at 10pm.

Do they still have that weekly magazine should with GAD and Caroline Pearce?

Should do away with so many weight classes,

Should do away with so many weight classes,

I'm probably on my own here but I think that you should enter the cage at the weight of the weight class you are fighting in.

Evening with McGregor is on BT sport Tonight at 10pm.

Do they still have that weekly magazine should with GAD and Caroline Pearce?

I gave up on that when I realised, quickly, what an unwatchable fat ponce GAD is. He got some great interviews and ruined them all by not shutting the eff up for a second. Agonising.

I gave up on that when I realised, quickly, what an unwatchable fat ponce GAD is. He got some great interviews and ruined them all by not shutting the eff up for a second. Agonising.
Yeah I never watched it for long have to say, just curious if it finished

For anyone with insomnia I can highly recommend last nights main event. Meanwhile Vanatta vs Teymur was absolutely epic.

For anyone with insomnia I can highly recommend last nights main event. Meanwhile Vanatta vs Teymur was absolutely epic.
Damn right. Haven't seen the prelims yet but Temyur vs Vanatta was excellent. Fine debut from Cynthia Cavillo too, excellent ground work.

Main event was one of the worst I've seen. Don't agree with the decision, but don't care either. Neither deserved to win.

Seriously UFC can we do that woodley vs Thompson fight again.. absolute joke !!!! I had no interest in the rematch to start with and it was one of the worst title fights I've seen.

Not finished the prelims yet

Never thought I'd say this but I'm getting #bored with the UFC lately.

its becoming a pretty poor product since IMG took over, they appear to be quibbling over penny's with fighters. UFC 209 for instance could have had Ferguson vs Johnson if they would have paid him the same. Releasing good house hold name fighters like Bader and McDonald and leaving us with very weak events. I don't get the logic and Bellator is catching up as a product, the Bellator London card for instance is worthy of a UFC PPV these days. Mcgregor is going to be able to name his price soon.

I completely agree with this, far too many events and low quality. Maybe the fertittas will buy it back when it has bottomed out, like monty burns buying back the power plant from the germans

Not the first time the prelims where better than the main card, which I mostly watched on FF on the Tivo

Not the first time the prelims where better than the main card, which I mostly watched on FF on the Tivo
i wouldn't go that far at least on paper the pre lims were pretty poor they just turned out ok.

I'm struggling with it a bit. A year ago I was hungry for any UFC related content I could get. But I'm bored senseless of TFATK and Chael's podcast, I rarely watch The MMA Hour anymore either. When it comes to the fights I've stopped watching prelims for some reason. I tend to watch the main first and if it is good I'll go back to the prelims but I've just been a bit over it by the time the final fight is done. Especially when it is trash like 208 and 209's mains.

Shocked that 209 produced a good strawweight fight. I usually fast forward them these days.

I'll keep going, of course, but losing that Khabib fight was a big blow.

UFC 211 was looking insane.

Stipe v Dos Santos (HW Title)
Joanna v Andrade (SW Title)
Werdum v Rothwell
Alvarez v Poirier
Maia v Masvidal

And then big dumbass Rothwell pops for drugs.

Still a fine card though.

Werdum v Rothwell
Alvarez v Poirier
Maia v Masvidal

Massive hypocrite seeing as he's popped before then ranted about users now he pops again I guess that's his career over.

To clarify, he hasn't actually been done yet. He has been "notified of a potential violation".

He claims that he has been dealing with medical issues and people shouldn't judge until USADA have dealt with it.

The fact that he just said medical issues without actually explaining it suggests BS to me. He's buying time to get his story straight.

TRT or dick pill excuse in 3... 2... 1...

Werdum v Rothwell
Alvarez v Poirier
Maia v Masvidal

I cant wait to see Maia and the ALverez fight but the rest are meh for me and the main event is of no interest tbh and not deserved

Brad Pickett has lost his opponent for hiss retirement fight in London. Briones is out injured.

Neil Seery has offered to step in. Hope that fight happens, guaranteed stormer and a great way for both guys to bow out.

Brad Pickett has lost his opponent for hiss retirement fight in London. Briones is out injured.

Neil Seery has offered to step in. Hope that fight happens, guaranteed stormer and a great way for both guys to bow out.

That's got fight of the night all over it. I thought Seery had retired though?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom