MMA Discussion Thread

The Korean zombie is back!!!!!!!

Anybody else picking De Randamie to beat Holm tonight?

Oh my that was a terrible card on paper and in reality. Jim miller fight aside it was a snooze fest

Oh my that was a terrible card on paper and in reality. Jim miller fight aside it was a snooze fest

Feel sorry for the yanks who actually had to pay for that. And what the hell is going on with the UFC matchmaking lately? We've just had Jacare fighting the unranked Boetsch and now Cub Swanson is fighting Artem Lobov!

Anybody else think that Brunson was robbed? Not a huge robbery but I think he won the fight.

New York has a lot of work to do with their refs and judges. The ref should have taken a point from De Randamie for that shot at the end of the second round. If she had swung and missed then a warning is fine. But she connected and rocked Holm.

We'll never know if the effects of that shot made any difference to the outcome. Personally I think Holm would lose again if they fought again. She was out matched on the feet and didn't have the wrestling ability to get it to the ground.

Mind you if they had taken a point then it would have been a draw which would have been a hell of an anti climax for the first ever 145 champion!

Ps regarding Lobov vs Swanson, what is worse is that it is main event on a fight night card.

Lobov played it well though. Took a leaf out of Conor's book and talked his way into the fight following a twitter war.

Anybody else think that Brunson was robbed?

It was a strange fight. If you look purely at effective output, I think Brunson landed more effective strikes but he gave the impression that he was losing and looked very defensive and nervous. Silva looked way more comfortable and confident and did a little showboating that got the crowd hyped up. I wasn't all that surprised to see Silva get the decision.

Is it me or are these ufc cards getting more and more watered down lately. Since wmg/img took over the cards as a whole have been poor.

@DrPhil agree I was shocked Silva got the nod especially 30/27 by one judge.

What's with Holm and the tennis player grunts?

I thought the grunts were odd too, don't remember her doing that before.

Shame on me though, I was distracted from the fight by Holly's ass. It was mesmerising...

Soooo

Thoughts on the proposed 'fight' between Mayweather and McGregor ?!?

Mayweather has apparently got the fee he was looking for and he's 'good to go' ....

Will they use boxing rules or MMA ones ??

AFAIK, they're only considering boxing. Conor would be lit up like a Christmas tree in a boxing match against FM. Conor would hardly lay a glove on him. It's a stupid matchup.

@DrPhil agree I was shocked Silva got the nod especially 30/27 by one judge.

What's with Holm and the tennis player grunts?

I thought Brunson won that as well.
Silva really is a shadow of his former self now. He should quit while he's ahead.

Re Holm, glad she lost for those grunts alone.

He all but admitted in the interview that he was fighting for fun nowadays because everyone else was fitter and faster.

This isn't the sport to take on casually. Especially with his kids sitting watching at cage side.

AFAIK, they're only considering boxing. Conor would be lit up like a Christmas tree in a boxing match against FM. Conor would hardly lay a glove on him. It's a stupid matchup.

I'm wondering if Conor will ever fight in the UFC again. I don't think he'll take another fight because if he loses he can wave goodbye to that Floyd fight. If he gets the Floyd fight he'll be set for life and retire never having defended a title.

According to Helwani, GSP has settled his differences with the UFC and should return later this year.

MW title shot against Bisping is the hot favourite.

Big fights > rankings yet again.

According to Helwani, GSP has settled his differences with the UFC and should return later this year.

MW title shot against Bisping is the hot favourite.

Big fights > rankings yet again.

Cowardly Bisping strikes again. Feel sorry for Romero if that happens and i wonder if more fighters will look to jump ship to bellator.

Bisping is definitely ducking Romero, but I don't blame him. GSP will definitely be the money fight once he has crossed the T's and dotted the I's!

Anyone planning to go to the Bellator event in London this year? Amazing headline fight, big fan of Paul Daley.

Daley vs McDonald is an excellent main event, really make the UFC look bad.

That said I don't forsee the big jump across to Bellator that some predict. They are doing good business bringing in a few big names from the UFC and paying them big bucks, but below the main event their events are very lowly paid. I don't see them ever paying out reasonable money to mid level guys. So the Bellator opportunity is only really lucrative for a few people.

TUF Redemption is next on the horizon, starting in April.

Features a cast of guys who have been on the show before, including 2 past winners (Joe Stevenson and Eddie Gordon), plus the entertainment value, Jesse "JT Money" Taylor and Julian "Let me bang bro!" Lane. Oddly also contains James Krause who is already in the UFC and on a 2 fight win streak.

TJ Dillashaw and Cody Garbrandt coaching.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom