MMA Discussion Thread

Great night with Ronda getting destroyed and now Mirko wins the Rizin open weight Grand Prix.

Rhonda getting a beat down made the card tolerable. The Cruz fight aside (which was excellent) it was a pretty dull affair

Last edited:
Disappointing night of fights but the co-main was great (although I was rooting for Cruz) and the main was immensely satisfying. I've been Team Miesha since the beginning and seeing Rousey's massive fall has been hilarious. It's like one of those videos where a bully starts something and then gets smashed. Brilliant.

One good thing about Rousey's media flounce was Dana doing a scrum.

Gabi Garcia vs Supergran was a disgrace. Only in Japan would that crap be allowed.

As for the pay for Nunes, I don't blame the UFC for that so much as I blame Nunes and her agent.

The UFC aren't going to give away money without being pressed to do so, and the fighters management should have done just that.

Nate Diaz and his team of pot heads managed to squeeze $1.5m out of the UFC for the 2 McGregor fights. Nunes should have done the same.

Gabi Garcia vs Supergran was a disgrace. Only in Japan would that crap be allowed.

As for the pay for Nunes, I don't blame the UFC for that so much as I blame Nunes and her agent.

The UFC aren't going to give away money without being pressed to do so, and the fighters management should have done just that.

Nate Diaz and his team of pot heads managed to squeeze $1.5m out of the UFC for the 2 McGregor fights. Nunes should have done the same.

The Garcia fight was all kinds of wrong which is a shame because the rest of the two events were very enjoyable.

Just watching the Garbrandt vs Cruz fight. Superb performance from the new champ. Breezed past Cruz pretty comfortably.

He'll face Dillashaw next which will be interesting.

Just watched 207, has Ronda officially retired?
I must say her stand up looked terrible and as soon as she was hit, which was straight away, I thought she was done.

Cody looked excellent and a worthy new champion.

IMG_0057.GIF

Probably Holm. But u hope the UFC don't rip the ass out of the whole 2 division champ angle. Holm winning that second belt wouldn't even come close to the achievement of BJ Penn, Couture or even McGregor.

Looks like Khabib vs Ferguson is on for 209.

Anyone else sick of hearing Mark Hunt moaning? It's been 6 months, just let it go. Hope overeem beats him

He has been hard done by, but he's making an ass of himself.

I think he'll starch Overeem though.

If he touches Reems chin it's all over.

Anyone else sick of hearing Mark Hunt moaning? It's been 6 months, just let it go. Hope overeem beats him
no , he is in the right and its about time someone stood up for the clean athletes. What happens if someone is seriously injured or worse in the cage and it turns out their opponent had been juicing?

no , he is in the right and its about time someone stood up for the clean athletes. What happens if someone is seriously injured or worse in the cage and it turns out their opponent had been juicing?

Absolutely the UFC put monetary gain over Hunts welfare.

Then again, so did Hunt. He said he always knew that Brock was juicing.
He has a family to feed and he didn't know for sure and the whole exemption thing was a joke.. The UFC have these guys locked into contracts where it appears to be they either fight or have no income because they cant go elsewhere correct?

He has a family to feed and he didn't know for sure and the whole exemption thing was a joke.. The UFC have these guys locked into contracts where it appears to be they either fight or have no income because they cant go elsewhere correct?

I've got a feeling the Ali act will cover mma soon and that's why the Ferritas got out when they did.

I didn't say that.

You are the one who made the point that he has to fight because he has to provide for his family.

I'm just saying that if that is his motivation then he can't afford to take on the UFC in court.
OK fair enough , I just think they should be treated separately. I agree that taking ufc to court will likely bankrupt him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom