MMA Discussion Thread

Lesnar's test from July 9th has also come back positive. There are rumours that he's popped for the same estrogen blockers as John Jones and there's only one reason to use them.

Interesting move for TUF.

The Ultimate Fighter 24 flyweight cast revealed

All fighters are champions in their current promotion and the winner of the season gets a title shot against Johnson.

Hopefully with everyone already a champ albeit in a smaller promotion, there will be a bit more maturity and common sense and less drama.

Interesting move for TUF.

The Ultimate Fighter 24 flyweight cast revealed

All fighters are champions in their current promotion and the winner of the season gets a title shot against Johnson.

Hopefully with everyone already a champ albeit in a smaller promotion, there will be a bit more maturity and common sense and less drama.
To be fair, the fighters in the last season were pretty well behaved

mark Hunt on the mma hour this week is a must listen , lots of bad language though

Saves me €20 a month then!

Getting rid of sky sports?

I'm the opposite, I was praying it would go to sky sports.

BT have went right off the boil with it. Beyond the octagon is nothing more than repeats of fighter profiles most of the time, there's barely any other programming either.

As much as sky box office maybe being brought into play, I was hoping for sky as I'm sure they would have had a good few weekly shows, and segments etc.

I would then have been able to drop bT sport and save myself £28 per month. I only really use bt sport for ufc and the occasional football match.

Oh well, roll on 2 years until the contracts up again. Lol

In Ireland BT sports was part of the Setanta Sports pack which was €25 a month.

But last month Eir, the main phone/broadband supplier bought up Setanta and rebranded it Eir Sports. They have bumped the phone and broadband bundle up by €5 a month but Eir and BT are now included in the package.

So if the UFC had gone to Sky, I would still be lumped with the €5 bump in my Eir bill, but I would also have had to cough up €30 a month for Sky sports, (I only have the basic package at the minute).

So actually the BT renewal will save me €35 a month, not €20!

On a less selfish note, I agree that Sky would have been a better place to grow the sport. I'm sure I'm not the only person who often has Sky Sports News on most of the time while I'm browsing online etc so it would have gained a lot of exposure.

Last edited:
In Ireland BT sports was part of the Setanta Sports pack which was €25 a month.

But last month Eir, the main phone/broadband supplier bought up Setanta and rebounded it Eir Sports. They have bumped the phone and broadband bundle up by €5 a month but Eir and BT are now included in the package.

So if the UFC had gone to Sky, I would still be lumped with the €5 bump in my Eir bill, but I would also have had to cough up €30 a month for Sky sports, (I only have the basic package at the minute).

So actually the BT renewal will save me €35 a month, not €20!

On a less selfish note, I agree that Sky would have been a better place to grow the sport. I'm sure I'm not the only person who often has Sky Sports News on most of the time while I'm browsing online etc so it would have gained a lot of exposure.

That's all fair enough then. If I was in your shoes, I'd be happy too!

I'm not too bothered about keeping BT sport now. I'd told the Mrs if it went to sky sports we'd get rid of BT, as she's been moaning about the price, but to be honest I'm not sure I could have done without its premiership football and champions league!

I just hope BT make a fresh go of the ufc and stop churning out these fighter profile segments every week!

That's all fair enough then. If I was in your shoes, I'd be happy too!

I'm not too bothered about keeping BT sport now. I'd told the Mrs if it went to sky sports we'd get rid of BT, as she's been moaning about the price, but to be honest I'm not sure I could have done without its premiership football and champions league!

I just hope BT make a fresh go of the ufc and stop churning out these fighter profile segments every week!

Who's your broadband and phone with mate? I'm currently with sky but as soon as BT have a half price fibre offer on I'm off as I'll be able to get phone fibre broadband and BT sport in HD on sky for £38.99

I'm on Sky and I was praying that bt kept the rights. I could see sky whacking it on a ppv.

Who's your broadband and phone with mate? I'm currently with sky but as soon as BT have a half price fibre offer on I'm off as I'll be able to get phone fibre broadband and BT sport in HD on sky for £38.99

Phone, tv and broadband are all with sky. My broadband contract is up the middle of next year, then I'll go with BT to get the free BT sport.

[emoji1360]

I'm on Sky and I was praying that bt kept the rights. I could see sky whacking it on a ppv.

That is always the worry with it going to sky sports. I think that it absolutely wouldn't have been long before we were paying £20 for a mcgregor or bisping box office ppv.

Phone, tv and broadband are all with sky. My broadband contract is up the middle of next year, then I'll go with BT to get the free BT sport.

[emoji1360]
Might work out cheaper to cancel your sky broadband and phone contract early?

Might work out cheaper to cancel your sky broadband and phone contract early?

I actually never thought of that mate! Nice one, I'll defo look into that.

Wow super impressive performance from Tyron absolutely brutal

Wow super impressive performance from Tyron absolutely brutal
just gutted he got the w im not a fan of his attitude and unwillingness to fight . I don't think he was the top contender and should never have got the shot to start with imo.

just gutted he got the w im not a fan of his attitude and unwillingness to fight . I don't think he was the top contender and should never have got the shot to start with imo.

Absolutely and to call out Nick Diaz was particularly shit. At the same time I'd love to see a Lawler Diaz rematch.

Bisping has apparently confirmed on radio that UFC 204 is in the Manchester Arena on October 8th. Bisping vs Henderson II.

It is also confirmed that it will be a late night event to match the US PPV times.

Mousasi vs Belfort also rumoured, probably so they have a back up for the main event in case of injury.

Bisping has apparently confirmed on radio that UFC 204 is in the Manchester Arena on October 8th. Bisping vs Henderson II.

It is also confirmed that it will be a late night event to match the US PPV times.

Mousasi vs Belfort also rumoured, probably so they have a back up for the main event in case of injury.

Doesn't the main event of a US PPV start at about 5am our time?

seriously Saturday's event was an insult to the viewing public , what a waste of time . I think on paper it was probably the weakest card ive ever witnessed from the UFC and it did not disappoint.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom