Quantcast

MMA Discussion Thread

John

won't they be under the deleted tab ?

djcla

Distinguished Member
Well that was a pretty dull card, apart from a couple of fights. Holloway is classless, how can you celebrate that. Tried to amend for it in the post fight interview but I wasn't impressed. Right annoyed at Silva's performance I love that guy but he just seems to keep losing big fights.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Rumours flying around that Fedor is about to sign with the UFC.

Exciting news, but far far too late. I can only see his reputation getting battered. He was starting to lose a few even in SF so the likes of JDS, Cain and Werdum will toast him.

djcla

Distinguished Member
yep its turned into a not so bad event and its probably the only flyweight fight ive any interest in watching too.

djcla

Distinguished Member
Anyone else think Aldo vs Mcgregor with turn into Mcgregor vs Faber nearer the time? im also not nearly as pumped for the fight as I was when it was scheduled for July no idea why though.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Anyone else think Aldo vs Mcgregor with turn into Mcgregor vs Faber nearer the time? im also not nearly as pumped for the fight as I was when it was scheduled for July no idea why though.
They haven't started pumping the promotion yet, it will come I'm sure.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Aldo limp out again, but if that happened I'd guarantee they would strip his title and make McGregor the undisputed champ, then he'd fight Edgar for his first defence, not Faber.

mitch

Distinguished Member
Anybody watching the Go Big event? Connor is easily the most arrogant annoying prick in the UFC!

offitmassive

Anybody watching the Go Big event? Connor is easily the most arrogant annoying prick in the UFC!
He did say " I talk the talk , but I back It up " he's true though , he talks the talk and walks the walk. Hes just different to the same same same. He has a (sometimes a confident ) personality and I feel has brought more of a following . Some might watch to see who this "idiot" is

mitch

Distinguished Member
Just watched 191

Prelims were excellent. Didn't think much of the main card and gave up on the main event after two rounds as it looked too much like a sparring session.

djcla

Distinguished Member
Lol yes prelims were great paige van zant was great to watch :)... Oh boy what a load of rubbish it turned into after that fight. Mighty mouse runs about at warp speed in and out never really engaging. Apparently best pound for pound fighter in the ufc. Well I just don't get it, find him really boring to watch. Just angers me more and more we are forced to watch these flyweight. Mind you mir vs arloski wasn't much better spending half the fight cuddling on the cage

BigStu1972

Distinguished Member
Manuwa looked small compared to Rumble and take it from me he is anything but small.
Enjoyed the paige van zant fight. In fact Rousey, van zant and the other female champ Jerz whatever are probably 3 of the most exciting fighters in the UFC.

Didn't bother with the main event, first time I ever done that.

Synchronicity

Has no one else watched UFC 191 yet?
It was nothing to write home about really was it?
I enjoyed the Pearson vs Felder fight, and was happy to be proved wrong, as I thought Felder would be too big and powerful for little Ross, but Pearson is a bad mofo. I had high hopes for Mir V Arlovski but that fight was terrible, Frank was fat and looked awful.

The Van sant fight didnt sit well with me tbh, astro girl shouldnt be in the UFC as far as Im concerned(is she 36 now?),and I dont mean that to be disrespectful in any way, she is just way out of her depth. She was getting her ass handed to her in her last fight until she pulled off a last minute submission. She was only in this fight to be a punching bag and to make Van sant look good, and keep the hype train rolling. I think JJ and Rousey will be at the top of their relevant divisions until they decide to move on.

Rumble looked as impressive as ever, he is a formidable opponent for anyone, at any weight.

The main fight was even worse that expected, Dodson didnt seem to have his usual spring in his step, dont know if this was down to his mrs giving birth so recently , probably disrupting his routine, but the whole fight was just meh, and the old fast forward was brought into play.

BigStu1972

Distinguished Member
It was nothing to write home about really was it?
I enjoyed the Pearson vs Felder fight, and was happy to be proved wrong, as I thought Felder would be too big and powerful for little Ross, but Pearson is a bad mofo. I had high hopes for Mir V Arlovski but that fight was terrible, Frank was fat and looked awful.

The Van sant fight didnt sit well with me tbh, astro girl shouldnt be in the UFC as far as Im concerned(is she 36 now?),and I dont mean that to be disrespectful in any way, she is just way out of her depth. She was getting her ass handed to her in her last fight until she pulled off a last minute submission. She was only in this fight to be a punching bag and to make Van sant look good, and keep the hype train rolling. I think JJ and Rousey will be at the top of their relevant divisions until they decide to move on.

Rumble looked as impressive as ever, he is a formidable opponent for anyone, at any weight.

The main fight was even worse that expected, Dodson didnt seem to have his usual spring in his step, dont know if this was down to his mrs giving birth so recently , probably disrupting his routine, but the whole fight was just meh, and the old fast forward was brought into play.
Pretty much what I thought then, apart from the Main event which I didn't watch and, by the sounds of things, didn't miss much.

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Same here. Haven't had the time to watch the main event yet but sadly looks like there's not much point.

I had high hopes for this fight as the first one was pretty good. Plus although Dodson is a bit irritating, he has the charisma and exciting style that DJ so sorely lacks.