MMA Discussion Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

brynhh

Banned

Been away for a week and missed 113 just caught up, did I hear right that machida got cut?? why? ok so he got beat but no need to cut the guy for that. didn't see the daley fight but obvioulsy he's a numpty although as many of you said i would love to smash cock joshcheck's head in too.

I think it's blatant now that our beloved uk fighters just don't have the wrestling skills atm to challenge at the pinnacle.

Do you mean Kimbo?

mooperman

Distinguished Member

Been away for a week and missed 113 just caught up, did I hear right that machida got cut?? why? ok so he got beat but no need to cut the guy for that. didn't see the daley fight but obvioulsy he's a numpty although as many of you said i would love to smash cock joshcheck's head in too.

I think it's blatant now that our beloved uk fighters just don't have the wrestling skills atm to challenge at the pinnacle.

hell no machida didnt get cut, he got banged out though...:eek:

Do you mean Kimbo?

Suspect he may of meant Kimbo as well....

daz990

Phew. I read somwhere machida got cut. kimbo looked ok in first couple of minutes but it was downhill from there he made mitrione look awesome. I think there will be a shogun v machida III and a different machida will turn up. something wasn't right with him there watch his other fights he pretty much doesnt ever get hit. so to get clocked like that tells me he wasnt hundred percent but rua looked good and kinda hope he fights anderson silva.

LCR_Dave

im sure there will be a 3rd meeting too, just not untill machida has beat someone else though, im not sure they will throw another rematch in so im thinking he may face rampage depending on the result in a couple of weeks, or maybe john jones......

GaryMo

Shogun chased him with only one intention - to finish the fight early.
He had total confidence in himself which makes me think the result will be the same if they do indeed meet for a third time.

y2k

im not sure it will and can see machida getting a win....but im a machida fanboy so what do i know!
MAchida fanboy here to but could see Jones causing him some problems, thing is Machida has now been beaten and koed and I expect that to happen a few more times but couldn't have seen it before.

fcz

just watched the primetime rampage v evans. couldn't help but thinkin from the short clips i saw that evans training camp looks a hell of alot better. more professional, better cardio work, much better sparring partners. i know its hard to tell from the short clips, but thats the first thing that went through my head. esp when rampage was yellin at that gormless looking fat lad to get out because he was a poor sparring partner.

LCR_Dave

that could turn out to be a belter of a fight though.... good match up..:thumbsup:

it should be good but can see dos santos winning by ko, hope so anyway im liking dos santos and ive never really been impressed with nelson, his last fight he did throw a good punch though.

just about to watch strikeforce, should be a good event :)

mooperman

Distinguished Member
I must admit, Nelson has grown on me loads, must be the fat underdog tag he has and then still wins..

Satsui_Ryu

Distinguished Member
I like Nelson, but I can't ever see him being a contender. On the other hand, I can see Santos hanging with Carwin, Lesnar & Velasquez, so I really don't want to see him take a loss to Big Country.

DrWise

Banned
when is lesnar vs carwin?

g8tecrasher

Interesting fact I just learnt which may explain why Overeem hasn't fought in Strikeforce for so long. Missouri where the fight was is one of the few states that does not have compulsory drug testing for championship bouts.

Not that Overeem takes drugs, but his "eastern diet'" obviously works wonders for him :rotfl:

DrPhil

Distinguished Member
Gaz, didn't know about the Missouri drug testing thing. That is absolutely shocking and a major black eye for SF in my opinion. The situation with Overeem has been a joke for long enough. He won their HW title 2 years ago and hasn't fought for them since. In the meantime he has gone from big but athletic and not very big, to a hulking monster with muscles bulging where I didn't even know you got muscles.

In the meantime Fedor is defending the WAMMA title but not fighting for the SF title because of Overeem's mysterious refusal to fight in the States. Then when the finally get him to fight in the US he does so in a state without proper drug testing laws? I'm sure they will carry out some sort of testing but without the State Athletic Comission behind it they might as well not bother because it's open to ridicule.

In the words of Dana White... Bush League.

DrWise

Banned
phil you going to ufc116 :) lovely :) taking the mrs :)

blasted

Just seen an interesting gif from the Koscheck and daley fight. It appears that there was a knee to the face in the clinch, as kos pulls back from it daley throws a second, which is the one that most people thought he was faking it over. If thats the case then maybe kos wasnt telling porkies after all.

GaryMo

I saw the same one and it did seem he was hit with the first knee.

Strikeforce was a good event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+