MMA Discussion Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pity they couldn't carry over the most recent discussions.

What's the state of play with people watching TUF, have both sets of semi finals been aired on Setanta yet?

Pity they couldn't carry over the most recent discussions.

What's the state of play with people watching TUF, have both sets of semi finals been aired on Setanta yet?

No the second Semi is on tonight followed by "Fight night" so no spoilers please:nono:

:( The thread is dead

:D Long live the new MMA thread!

I didnt realise that the fight for the troops event had already happened.Certainly doesnt look like Setanta are showing it at all which is weird.

I have not checked the listings for this weekend,hopefully they have not ****ed up the schedule :lease:

Dec-11-2008
7:30pm
SS1 UK
Setanta

Fight for the Troops is well worth watching, Rich Franklin is no longer the most pummelled in the clinch fighter in the UFC.

Fight for the Troops is well worth watching, Rich Franklin is no longer the most pummelled in the clinch fighter in the UFC.

Who's fighting on it?

BTW does anyone know the rationale behind closing our last thread just beacause it has 1900 replies. I've just had a scan of other threads and there a quite a few still going with more than 1900:confused:

Who's fighting on it?
Not a big name card but some very entertaining fights. Headline was Josh Koscheck Vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida.

Rest of the card:

Mike Swick Vs. Jonathan Goulet
Steve Cantwell Vs. Razak Al-Hassan
Tim Credeur Vs. Nate Loughran
Matt Wiman Vs. Jim Miller
Ben Saunders Vs. Brandon Wolff
Steve Bruno Vs. Johnny Rees

There are a few undercard bouts on the UFC website streamed.

... might just be one actually, don't watch if you're squeemish.

Last edited:
When I saw the padlock, I thought they were shutting this thread down!
Looking forward to tonight, it will make a change from Emmerdale/Corrie:thumbsdow

Have just had a look at my V+ recordings, apparently I have recorded 3 hours of fight night last nigh, looks more like 3 hours of tennis and football to me though:mad:

According to the shcedule, Fight Night is on at 7.30 for 2 1/2 hours, it doesnt say anything about the semi's though?
And where is fight for the troops, I'm really starting to dislike Sultana now:mad::thumbsdow

Last edited:
got to feel sorry for Hill, horrid injury to suffer, hope he recovers quickly, not for the squeamish:eek::eek::eek:

JOHNNY

PS, Fight for the Troops was pretty damn good.

Did anyone see a documentary on BBC 1 Wednesday night? It was probably only on BBC Northern Ireland as it was a documentary about the rise in popularity of MMA in Ireland. Was going quite well, fairly unbiased views, until they brought on some moron doctor who tore into it, gave it the whole brutality, cock-fighting, savage etc etc. I nearly put my boot through the TV.

They showed the end of the Couture Lesnar fight with the beating Randy took and the doc nearly fell off his chair. Fortunately they did show an interview with Randy afterwards where he said he wasn't that badly hurt and an interview with Wayne McCullough where he explained that Lesnar had not been landing clean shots, they were more like slaps because he was throwing so short and landing all over the place.

Bloody doctors. (PS, just because my username is DrPhil doesn't mean I am a doc!)

PS, Johnny,
who do you mean? Who's Hill? Do you not mean Al Hassad? That was a horrendous arm break.

Last edited:
BTW does anyone know the rationale behind closing our last thread just beacause it has 1900 replies. I've just had a scan of other threads and there a quite a few still going with more than 1900:confused:

I didn't say it was because it reached 1,900. I said it reached "a certain number". That number is 1,000 posts and any Mods chancing upon such threads are instructed to do as I have done henceforth to any threads on the entire site. I've also been editing this fledgeling thread to take out any reference to such off-topic dribberings but now you've brought it up there you go. And the reason is serverload. Lots of people accessing very large threads causes the steamboiler powering this whole shebang to cough and splutter like Dot Cotton in a dust-storm and this is how we're trying to combat that. There are, almost constantly during daylight hours, around 4,000 people using the site and 300+ new members every day and rising.

Also, thankyou making me invent the word dribberings which I will now go and find a meaning for (assuming I'm it's inventor and it doesn't already mean summat).

I'm assuming that the old thread will still exist in case anyone wants to read back through.

Absommalutely :smashin:

Mike.

PS, Johnny,
who do you mean? Who's Hill? Do you not mean Al Hassad? That was a horrendous arm break.
spoiler
Check out the Corey Hill fight being streamed on the UFC website.
/spoiler

PS, Fight for the Troops was pretty damn good.

Did anyone see a documentary on BBC 1 Wednesday night? It was probably only on BBC Northern Ireland as it was a documentary about the rise in popularity of MMA in Ireland.
What was it called, it might be on iplayer?

what a great fight card

Superb stuff

Josh Koscheck - KO of the night!! - Beauty - not a fan of the guy but you got to like the KO!!!

Mike Swick - quick and straight forward - nice

Steve Cantwell - looks superb for a 22yr old guy - great win and NASTY NASTY finish!!!:eek::eek:

Tim Credeur - looked very good and decent scrap

Ben Saunders - that is one of the nastiest lumps EVER!!!! What a Anderson Silva showreel!!!! NOT for the squeamish!!

Corey Hill - hope he recovers from the worst injury ever! That was horrible i didn't know what was coming and actually screamed out in pain for him. Horrible. Hope all goes well for him and he gets back.

Sorry was talking about Corey Hill. his fight is streamed on UFC.com free if anyone hasn't seen it

JOHNNY

Enjoyed the card last night , I think if there was 1 negative thing I would say it would be that the fights were a bit one sided - more beat downs that evenly matched fights but it was entertaining none the less:smashin:

I havent seen the Corey Hill fight yet, Ill check it when I get home, but the guy with the knees was awsome - an absolute beast of a fighter,the guy looked massive compared to Wiman as well:eek:

What happened to Hill? Won't be able to see it til the weekend.

Holy crap, just googled it. That's nasty. Have seen a few of those before in smaller orgs. Hopefully footage of that won't affect the UFC's standing with regulators in New York.

What was it called, it might be on iplayer?

It was called Season Ticket.

Last edited:
Hill fight is free on ufc.com. Not seen it myself, only the pic but I'm streaming it now but not looking forward to it, IYKWIM.

EDIT Stopped the stream. Could't bring myself to watch it :)

Mike.

Horrific injury.

Link to it here.
http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/nastiestinjuryever_12162.gif

Not sure if it's OK to post that Flimber so if not cut it out again. Just might be easier to access for people in work that the UFC site.

Some interesting news this morning.
  • Diego Sanchez has confirmed that he will be fighting at 155 from now on and will be at UFC 95 in London
  • The Franklin vs Henderson winner will be the opposing coach on the UK v USA TUF
  • Thales Leites will likely get the next shot at Silva's MW crown but it will probably not be in London at 95.
  • Sokoudjou has signed with Affliction to fight Babalu Sobral. Can't see anything other than a Sobral win there, unless Dana White's Arlovski curse of releasing fighters only to see them succeed elsewhere comes through.

It's free for all on the homepage no log-in no anything just click and watch from the copyrightholders :smashin: If you dare :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom