MKV Blu ray player, suggestions which one?

Wise Bat

Hi

I currently have a samsung BD-P1600 which is having issues playing some mkv files (running latest update too).

Just wonder if I was to replace this what would be the best blu ray player to get for all mkv files?

It needs to be under a £100 due to budget. Cheaper the better TBH.

Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

munmohan

hi.... i think lg are the best for streaming esp dnla.... a lot of players will play mkv but off usb and not internet.... i am looking at an lg myself, the bd670, but if all you need is a streaming device, keep the samsung for disks and buy a wdtv live for streaming....

JazzG

The Sony S380 plays mkv files and takes usb/hard drives formatted in NTFS as well. Don't Argos do them for like £99.99? Online they seem to be around £110 ish.

munmohan

The Sony S380 plays mkv files and takes usb/hard drives formatted in NTFS as well. Don't Argos do them for like £99.99? Online they seem to be around £110 ish.

i might be wrong, but i think file support over a network hard drive is different for panny, sony and maybe even samsung...... all mkv via an external hard drive, but reading reviews, i do not think they will play mkv over a networked hard drive...

lg started the 'home netowrk thing' with the bd390, and i think all of their players now feature excellent format support over dnla..... sony will never support mkv playback over networks as it doesn't want you ripping br's..

Last edited:

Wise Bat

I dont think for my needs I will be using network streaming. I prefer to burn any large MVK file onto DL DVD's, so will mostly want a player good for reading the files this way.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom