MK sound speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason shep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Having recently changed to MK sound speakers i thought i'd open a new thread & get some pictures up of my new system.

I have three onwall MP150's across the front behind a 120"wide Seymour acoustically transparent screen & a pair of S150T tripole surrounds.

Only been using them for a few weeks but so far i'm very impressed with their performance with both movie/tv & music :thumbsup:

Pictures to follow (once my p.c. starts playing ball)

The 150's on the wall & the frame for the screen/panels

Attachments

• Seymour MKsound 010.jpg
    Seymour MKsound 010.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,290
..... would be interested to hear from other M&K 150 users regarding the difference in sound or build quality, if any, between the M&K originals and the new breed of MK Sound units

Thanks for starting the thread .... did you, or do you , need to toe the L&R in toward the main listener position Jason

can I post as a user

I`ve had both original M&K S150`s and the newer MK Sound 150`s and to me they were identical, audio wise.

I now have the new MK S150 MK2 THX Ultra 2`s which to me have a cleaner top end having the pro tweeters in them.

Thanks Alan, do the new MP 150's have the pro tweeters ?

Ideal AV said:
can I post as a user

I`ve had both original M&K S150`s and the newer MK Sound 150`s and to me they were identical, audio wise.

I now have the new MK S150 MK2 THX Ultra 2`s which to me have a cleaner top end having the pro tweeters in them.

I have the originals and am really pleased with them. Tremendous clarity so am impressed if the mk2s are better!

The build quality on the MP150's is superb,they feel like a solid piece of material in youre hands.

Wull,i have toe'd in the L&R,because i mounted them at ear height i made panels to position the baffles upright,i'll try to get some pics up showing the details.

Attachments

• Seymour MKsound 004.jpg
    Seymour MKsound 004.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Seymour MKsound 005.jpg
    Seymour MKsound 005.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Seymour MKsound 007.jpg
    Seymour MKsound 007.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,406
as far as I know the MP150 still use the original tweeters Johnny

Thats what i believe also Al,am i right in thinking the S150T's have the pro tweeter though ?

Are they angled so the speaker sits flat on the wall? I believe the housing has an angle suited to under screen mounting to point the tweeters towards the listeners ear?

Hope that makes sense..

Anyway looks like its going to be a great room!

Are they angled so the speaker sits flat on the wall? I believe the housing has an angle suited to under screen mounting to point the tweeters towards the listeners ear?

Hope that makes sense..

Anyway looks like its going to be a great room!

Yeah,those mounting panels are angled to counter the sloping baffle on the MP's where they may often be placed above or below a screen.

The room is actually finished apart from the granite for the top of the new cabinet but i only have picture on my phone.

Good thinking! Get some finished pictures fired on :smashin:.

Thanks for starting the thread ....

I concur :)

These speakers have my attention even more now Jason, you had Kef's reference speakers before, so these must be impressive if you think these sound good with music to.

Wull said:
I concur :)

These speakers have my attention even more now Jason, you had Kef's reference speakers before, so these must be impressive if you think these sound good with music to.

Are you referring to the Kef THX Reference speakers?

Are you referring to the Kef THX Reference speakers?

I had Reference 203/2s, 202/2centre & 206/2 Dipole surrounds,I knew the MK's were good but i wasn't expecting to be so blown away by them after having the Kef's which are great speakers after all.

Good thinking! Get some finished pictures fired on :smashin:.

I just tried to put the one up from my phone but it wont let me as i already put it up in the Emotiva thread,i'll get some better shots on my camera tomorrow & get them up for you guys to critique :smashin:

jason shep said:
I had Reference 203/2s, 202/2centre & 206/2 Dipole surrounds,I knew the MK's were good but i wasn't expecting to be so blown away by them after having the Kef's which are great speakers after all.

Nice! I've only ever had the THX speakers they did. Huge and lovely warm enveloping sound but the MKs are better.

... drool more like :D

... drool more like :D

They seem to be gelling nicely with my IB Johnny :thumbsup: i need to run Audyssey pro yet before i get to hear what the system fully capable of.

Nice! I've only ever had the THX speakers they did. Huge and lovely warm enveloping sound but the MKs are better.

A good friend of mine had those years ago & i do remember it sounding great at the time :)

How do you guys find the MK S150's with music? I am considering running 5 but I do use my system 50 50 for both movies and music I only listen in surround never stereo.

Cheers

I listen mainly to 2 channel music & i think the MP's sound stunning,i think the blend between the 150's & subwoofer is probably more critical with music & maybe why some people say they are better with movies than with music but with good quality room correction the transition from speaker to sub is taken care of :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom