MK sound speakers (part 2)

Hi is there much sound difference between the s150 and s150 in wall ? Thanks In advance.

Hi is there much sound difference between the s150 and s150 in wall ? Thanks In advance.

Real life sound? Not really. But the extra cabinet depth of the S150 in room allows more power, higher sensitivity and lower frequency response as shown on their website.

You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference TBH.
The advantage of in wall is the reduction SBR when installed into a wall and also allows for an aesthetically more pleasing end result.
We tend to specify the in wall range for our cinema builds.
We have the IW150’s on permanent demonstration.
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference TBH.
The advantage of in wall is the reduction SBR when installed into a wall and also allows for an aesthetically more pleasing end result.
We tend to specify the in wall range for our cinema builds.
We have the IW150’s on permanent demonstration.
Rich@SeriouslyCinema
If you were to install the S150 - would you put them in a baffle wall to reduce SBR? I might have the possibility of buying used S150s at a good price. Aesthetics will be taken care of either way.

Hi Folks,

Need some advice from the collective brains trust please...

Just working on the install of 4x IW150s which will hang off the ceiling as Atmos surrounds,

My question is...does it matter which way I orientate these, either with the tweeters on the outer edge and woofers adjacent to each other, or should the woofers be on the outer edge and tweeters adjacent to each other?

Or does it not matter?

Many Thanks,
Andrew...

Hi Folks,

Just working on the install of 4x IW150s which will hang off the ceiling as Atmos surrounds,

My question is...does it matter which way I orientate these, either with the tweeters on the outer edge and woofers adjacent to each other, or should the woofers be on the outer edge and tweeters adjacent to each other?

Or does it not matter?

Many Thanks,
Andrew...
I doubt it does, but I would probably follow the recommendation for having them in actual walls, which is the tweeter nearest the Center and woofers on the outside.
Unless a dealer had better advise.

Tweeters facing in you bloody savages.

Put some pictures up when you’re done. Still haven’t my mind up between tripoles on ceiling or in ceilings. Are you mounting on magnets or another way?

Thank you Orange and Mr Danger...tweeters in it is 🙂

Harkon I will be sure to load some pics, but all work on the HT ceases this week as I will be in the US for 3 weeks tagging along as my good wife does CookieCon...hope you have plenty of patience 🙂

I am building a custom enclosure with its own threaded bracket for the IW150’s so I don’t have to drill any holes into the cabinets...they will use the original MK fastener akin to it being fixed into a ceiling cavity, but it will clamp hard up against the inside of the enclose and stay put...well that’s the plan anyway,

This way the IW150’s will look as though they are floating off the ceiling...the ceiling is a star field type,

Speaker set up will be the S300 system, S300T’s for the side and rears and IW150’s for Atmos...my set up is a 7.2.4

I only need to decide on the SSP, I have narrowed it down to either the AL16 or the MP-60...I am torn but will have to make a decision when I get back,

Cheers

Hi Folks,

Or does it not matter?

Many Thanks,
Andrew...
It won’t make any noticeable difference used as Atmos heights.

If they're a bit close to the side walls it makes sense to turn tweeters in. That's why the MP300's come as left of right style speakers.

So on paper it makes sense to turn them in, but because you don't hear the same on the vertical axis it may not be relevant, however Richard's deaf, so best practice should remain the default position and best OCD as well.

The MP150 on-wall speakers point downwards. If you want your Atmos surround bed at ear level (1.1m) or just a bit higher, how much higher do you have to mount these speakers so their tweeters are not directed to the floor ! ? Assuming you are sitting say 5-10 feet from the speakers.

Could I have some advice with updating my home cinema system Currently running 5.1 M&K set up

3 x M&K k7 across the front had a while but still sound great.

2 x M&K tripod k4
And M&K v12 sub

Going to purchase new

1...Denon x3600h avr amp

2.. LG c9 65" 4k tv

3..Wanting to add 2 or 4 ceiling atmos speakers

2 will be above seating area close to wall i have 450mm space between wall and ceiling downlights.( not much choice)

2 in front of seating area middle of room. (Room 5.5m approx front to back) ( have about £600 to £700 avilable for this.) Was thinking kefs ci160.

I would look to change sub in near future to a M&K inwall ic95 sub because of the bulky ness ( stop Mrs moaning) with in 2 months.

And if any i was luck enough to find a small fortune i would replace front 3 x speakers also with new m&k mp950 or better.

But would really appreciate any advice.

Could I have some advice with updating my home cinema system Currently running 5.1 M&K set up

3 x M&K k7 across the front had a while but still sound great.

2 x M&K tripod k4
And M&K v12 sub

Going to purchase new

1...Denon x3600h avr amp

2.. LG c9 65" 4k tv

3..Wanting to add 2 or 4 ceiling atmos speakers

2 will be above seating area close to wall i have 450mm space between wall and ceiling downlights.( not much choice)

2 in front of seating area middle of room. (Room 5.5m approx front to back) ( have about £600 to £700 avilable for this.) Was thinking kefs ci160.

I would look to change sub in near future to a M&K inwall ic95 sub because of the bulky ness ( stop Mrs moaning) with in 2 months.

And if any i was luck enough to find a small fortune i would replace front 3 x speakers also with new m&k mp950 or better.

But would really appreciate any advice.
I have replied on your original thread just now.
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

I have three used M&K 950 speakers that I would like to use for my setup. The speakers will be wall mounted.

M&K 950s have several bolt holes on the back, presumably for a bracket. However, neither M5, M6 nor 1/4" UNC bolts fits these holes. M5 is too small, M6 and 1/4" seems to fit, but does not screw in.

Do you know what bolts do I need to use these mounting holes?

Thank you

Well after a few days of living with my new MK speakers I’m blown away with their performance.

I’m not very good at putting my thoughts into words but I can 100% say my love for home cinema is back stronger than ever.

The MP150 on-wall speakers point downwards. If you want your Atmos surround bed at ear level (1.1m) or just a bit higher, how much higher do you have to mount these speakers so their tweeters are not directed to the floor ! ? Assuming you are sitting say 5-10 feet from the speakers.

Invert them and they point upwards, as I have mine below the TV. They are designed in this manner so they can be installed either above or below your screen.

How do you pivot the MP150 (mk2) on-wall speakers so they point towards the MLP? For example, in a 9.1.x Atmos setup, shouldn't the front wides (circled in attached photo) be pivoted towards the MLP (as opposed to firing directly across the room to the opposite wall)?

I looked at the MP150 Manual, and I cannot see a way to pivot the speaker directionally once it is wall mounted ?

0635BF44-4EBF-4859-83BC-121C8036CA6C.jpeg

How do you pivot the MP150 (mk2) on-wall speakers so they point towards the MLP? For example, in a 9.1.x Atmos setup, shouldn't the front wides (circled in attached photo) be pivoted towards the MLP (as opposed to firing directly across the room to the opposite wall)?

I looked at the MP150 Manual, and I cannot see a way to pivot the speaker directionally once it is wall mounted ?

View attachment 1261032
Looks like a great setup.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom