MK Sound On Wall Upgrade Options - Please Help

benzi

Hi All,
Currently thinking about upgrading my MK Sound speakers - I currently have MP950 as LCR on walls and thinking about upgrading to either MP150 or MP300....

Current setup is as below:
IMG_20211121_205604.jpg

With the angled baffle:
If I go under the screen - do I need 2 x left and 1 x right/centre? Angled up towards MLP
If I go above screen would it be 1 x left and 2 x right/centre? How far back should MLP be if above the screen? Currently at 4.5m.

Does it really matter - would any combination or L/R be ok?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Benzi

Last edited:

benzi

Hi @timcz, 950s were excellent. I had them for about two years. Upgraded to MP300s.

How big is your room? How far away is MLP?

timcz

Standard Member
It’s roughly 6m long by 4m wide (20ft x 14ft). MLP is around 3m away from the screen.

What I have now isn’t very good at all, so pretty keen to jazz it up completely. Have been leaning towards M&K and/or Triad speakers.

benzi

3m away should be good for MP950s - excellent speaker for HT, well made and very detailed sound. They are going to need a decent subwoofer to pair with. Never tried Triad thus couldn't comment.

Recommend you get a demo booked in.

timcz

Standard Member
Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Sadly demos are hard in my area as not many people carry it all, but I’ll be able to find somewhere hopefully.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom