MK Sound LCR750 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Nice review Steve. As a fellow S150 user, the LCR750 makes for a very impressive system at a more affordable price range. Being able to mount the centre horizontally will be great for many, but if you have a projector and AT screen, having the centre in the same orientation as the L/R is a bonus.

Nice review Steve. As a fellow S150 user, the LCR750 makes for a very impressive system at a more affordable price range. Being able to mount the centre horizontally will be great for many, but if you have a projector and AT screen, having the centre in the same orientation as the L/R is a bonus.
I'm using a pair of LCR750s as my width speakers in my 9.2.4 system, they make a nice fit at the sides and tonally match the S150/S150T speakers in the room.

Very good review Steve and at least your going in the right direction that these speakers are more for the majority with normal sized living rooms and not just for people that have dedicated cinema rooms. I have the new upgraded 950 LCR all positioned vertically below my 65inch LG OLED tv and a pair of the latest S150Ts as surrounds and a single V12 subwoofer and using an Onkyo 686 THX select receiver. The only thing that i feel that's missing from your review is that you could have also used a more mainstream AV receiver due to the fact that this speaker package is more suited for the people that don't have a dedicated cinema room. But i do also see the point in using the amplification and power that you did for the review purposes though. Stay safe and many thanks for helping us get through this tragic time.

Brian

The only thing that i feel that's missing from your review is that you could have also used a more mainstream AV receiver due to the fact that this speaker package is more suited for the people that don't have a dedicated cinema room.
I suspect that there is a review of the Lyngdorf being prepared right now... :)

The only thing that i feel that's missing from your review is that you could have also used a more mainstream AV receiver due to the fact that this speaker package is more suited for the people that don't have a dedicated cinema room.
That's a fair point. The LCR750 speakers arrived as I was transitioning from my Arcam AVR850/P429 reference system to my new Lyngdorf MP-60/Emotiva XPA-11 reference system. As a result I did use the LCR750s with both systems, although I'm not sure the Arcam AVR850 necessarily constitutes a mainstream AV receiver.

I had the 950’s in a ‘normal’ sized room with a denon x3500 there was no way I could drive them hard without hurting my ears. As such I would expect the 750’s to be perfect for normal lounges.... They are cracking little ( but big sound ) speakers and if they are anything like the build of the 950’s... weighty items.

If the 750's are entry level where does the M MKsound range sit now and does that mean the 950's were previously entry level ?

The badging in the pictures are showing as Miller & Kreisel and on the rear .... are MKSound now being branded as Miller & Kreisel again on the Speakers ?

The M series are “lifestyle” systems with a kick.
Yes the Miller and Kreisel badging has been used for a while now.
OK thanks didn't realize MKSound had reverted back to using the full Miller & Kreisel. Are the LCR750 a new design then or are they the original Miller & Kreisel 750 that MKSound used to sell ?

It would be reasonable to assume reviews of the Lyngdorf MP-60 and Emotiva XPA-11 are in the pipeline.

Excellent. I’ve been looking forward to getting an idea of the 60s prowess.

Any in wall versions coming of this?
I've got an ideal application for some, and this particular room wouldn't benefit from the 950s.

£2500 for a pair of subs??

Wouldn't two of these be a bigger and better idea and save £1300?

XXLS400 being sealed model with better driver would be more ideal for comparison. Comments made earlier by @D1gita1 who has heard both BK and MK it seems XXLS400 would be very strong option for someone who can´t afford V12 but still wants the MK speakers. Each BK models will play over 200hz if needed when the Filter is set to Out/LFE. :)

When more money could be spent i would consider SVS as Steve mentioned or Arendal sealed models which surely plays cleanly and integrates to many different type of systems as reported. MK subwoofers are bit outdated, but new models are around the corner. :)

600£ costing REL HT1205 came close to V12. Member @BriD commented last year:

MK V12 now replaces the REL HT1205 (Which is now in the classifieds)

Is it better? Yes. Is it worth double the price? No.

Extension seems about the same. Integration with the IW150s seems a bit better.

No in walls planned. Why not the IW950’s?
Thanks for responding.
I've got lots of elaborate renovations plans, one of which is a cinema room which will likely end up with 150s.

The room in question however is more of an open plan kitchen, sitting, dining area, so any viewing is just casual in nature. Anyway the IW950s will be more than suitable!

Not really no. The MK subs will play more cleanly and also to 200hz.

I doubt if they play that much clearer, if at all. And as has been said, the BK subs can reach 200hz.

And, for a similar price to the pair of the MKs I could also have a pair of these.

Arrange a demonstration once this current situation is over so you can judge for yourself. We also also supply SVS, Paradigm, Procella, James, Krix, Audio Excellence plus others so we know what good subs sound like.
More to a subwoofer than specs too.

XXLS400 being sealed model with better driver would be more ideal for comparison. Comments made earlier by @D1gita1 who has heard both BK and MK it seems XXLS400 would be very strong option for someone who can´t afford V12 but still wants the MK speakers. Each BK models will play over 200hz if needed when the Filter is set to Out/LFE. :)

When more money could be spent i would consider SVS as Steve mentioned or Arendal sealed models which surely plays cleanly and integrates to many different type of systems as reported. MK subwoofers are bit outdated, but new models are around the corner. :)

600£ costing REL HT1205 came close to V12. Member @BriD commented last year:

Ive heard the MK, the BK, pretty much all but the 16 inch versions of the SVS, and the Arendals. The V12 is definitely a better subwoofer than the xls 400 but then you would kind of expect that. A pair of 400s vs a single V12 is a bit different, but if you can't fit 2 subs it's a moot point. If you can and you can afford the V12s it's no contest, and I'm sure a deal could be struck if buying a pair, or even the full 5 speaker package as well.

The Arendal. I've only heard the Sub3 and the Sub2, both excellent and worthy contenders. The SVS are also very good but not quite the value they once were, and not as punchy as any of the other options, so might not be what you're looking for. Conversely that might actually be exactly what your looking for, in which case the SVS becomes the only natural choice.

The 400s stand on thier own in terms of value. From any other manufacturer, an equal specified product would likely be twice the price. Being Internet direct let's then cut loads of the cost, which is an advantage when they don't have to try distribute the numbers other makers do, or distribute them as far and wide as other manufacturers do either. There's nothing like the infrastructure to pay for, almost no advertising, no dealer network to support and no multi-country support to have to back up. All that cost cutting leaves you with a bit of small corner to work in, but at the same time makes the BK offerings an absolute bargain that are really out there on thier own in terms of price vs performance offered for our domestic market.

Last edited:
I doubt if they play that much clearer, if at all. And as has been said, the BK subs can reach 200hz.

And, for a similar price to the pair of the MKs I could also have a pair of these.

The SVS will give more really low frequency output, but the MK would hardly be lacking, and give a punchier sound while matching SPL levels in all but the very low end.... possibly. Both very clean and a class above the BK options. Depends what you are looking for though really. I've compared both dual V12 and dual SB13's side by side so I have a half decent point of reference.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom