1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MK K4's or KEF Q2DS's....help and advice needed please>

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by antz, Oct 25, 2003.

1. antz

antz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi
    I'm looking to upgrade my surround speakers.

My current system includes a KEF front end (Reference 103/4 floorstanders, Model 200C centre), Kef Model 70S surrounds, Kef Model 30B sub; powered by a Pioneer AX5i.

I'm running it in 5.1 as my room layout (sofa against rear wall) does not allow me to have rear centres...but the advantage is that I have set the AX5i to bi-amp the 103/4's....they sound so much better this way.

Anycase as I cannot utilise rear centres, I thought that I should upgrade my surrounds to dipoles/tripoles. So far I've only found the Kef Q2DS (400 retail) and the MK K4's (500 retail).

Which would you recommend? Has any body listened to them both? Should I just stick with Kef as a brand or would the K4's be the better choice. I do plan to audition both at a local dealer, but would appreciate any pointers before I do so.

BTW my room is about 12 foot wide ( the speakers will be placed on the side walls, just forward of my seating position).

Many Thanks
    Antz