MK Imports Kids Hummer Problem

Discussion in 'Parents Forum' started by ManicMan, Aug 19, 2011.

?

Have You Used MK Imports?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2011.
  1. Yes Had No Problems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes Had Problems

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never Head Of Them

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ManicMan

ManicMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve recently brought a kids hummer from UK toys for my boy for his birthday. He was over the moon when he got it, and has tried using it practically every day.

I say practically, because we’ve had nothing but problems with it with regards to the car not being able to move forward unless you use the remote control.

Kids Ride On Car Black HUMMER Style Electric Battery Toy 12V: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Both myself and especially my partner have sent numerous emails and made so many phone calls to the company it’s getting silly now.

First they sent a replacement part that made absolutely no difference at all, and after being told by them that if this didn’t work they would arrange a collection and replacement, it now seems impossible to get hold of them.

If you’ve had problems with this company or can shed any light on to how I can get hold of them I would really appreciate it, as my son is getting so upset that he can’t play in his jeep that he’s wanted for so long it’s heart-breaking.

2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43,283
    First off I'd get a review filled in to help others not make the same mistake http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/create-review

Then I'd get onto Amazon Customer services, not Outdoor Toys and explain your problems to them.

Sorry I can't help with knwowledge of the company itself :(

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. campy mccamper

campy mccamper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    I bought the same car off ebay, not 100% sure if it was from that company though. Things soon started to go wrong on it. It's now in the shed with the other cheap Chinese manufactured rubbish I bought off ebay:( Looking back I wish I had paid the extra £70 or so and bought a car from toys r us.

4. ManicMan

ManicMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean, but i thought the amount I spent, it would of been a great toy for my boy, it's just a shame he doesn't get to play with it as much as I'd liked him to of.

It feels like i'm teasing him, look at the great toy you have, but you can't play with it...

5. sim1one007

sim1one007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too bought this rubbish for my daughters birthday we had it collected twice as it was already broken the 3rd time was also broke so we took a partial refund as she was so upset first time out she hit a fence and a large shard of the grill flew off and just missed her face cant believe they can get away with selling cheap rubbish over here my elder daughter had a 4x4 about 15yrs ago and that was fantastic made of heavy duty plastic i would urge anyone thinking of buying one not to waste there money was also thinking of reporting this item to trading standards as i dont think its up to par (british kite standards):nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

6. liamt

liamt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
  7. sim1one007

sim1one007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got my daughter the hummer ride on battery motor etc are all good and working just that the bodies are made of flimsy plastic more so the grill as that has been broken twice by other children driving it hitting the fence but she loves it so was a good purchase in that respect just let down as i did have a pergero 15yrs ago for my older daughter that was very robust but did cost a lot more money

8. campy mccamper

campy mccamper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Those 6 volt ones are poor quality. I bought the Porsche boxter off a friend as a fixer upper. I finally gave up after the speakers went wrong and sounded like Satan had possessed the car. My son was too scared to set foot in it after that and it's been relegated to the spare room where the broken things go.

Only wish I had took my own advice .
    ForumRunner_20120514_225322.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  9. liamt

liamt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    thats a shame. they look great for 100 notes. :( not sure we can afford more expensive ones at the minute.

10. skottyboy1

skottyboy1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a hummer 12 v ride on in their garage that they want to sell me for parts? I need a right side motor?
    can collect - top price paid

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  11. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43,283
    Please place a wanted ad in the classifieds and direct people to that, thanks :thumbsup: