1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MJA Ref 100 and 150 subs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by BillyNomez, Apr 24, 2003.

1. BillyNomez

BillyNomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These were talked about a while back - some imminent purchases planned ( Wilbur ? ) but any feedback on these things in use particularly the 150 model ??
    Sound - user friendly - WAF rating blah blah blah.

Thanks BRBN

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The best thing I can say for it (ref 100) is that you don't know it's there unless you forget to turn it on - then everything sounds pants. It's great with music (the neutrik speakon cable is a must purchase) and gives more than enough oomph to movies (the pod race is just so much fun) & as Uncle Eric rightly pointed out even dialogue is improved.

Cosmetically it's pretty good. The veneer is not of the same quality as my quadraspire rack but the pale wood makes it look quite classy sat in the corner (It seems very happy there, having been allowed to wander around the room a bit to see where it was happiest)

set up wise it wasn't very difficult for movies - xover set to 100 phase 90 & volume a little below the SPL "perfect". Music to a little more tweaking on the high level volume control.

All in all in spite of the fact that there may be better subs out there it's £300 well spent as far as I'm concerned

3. BillyNomez

BillyNomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wilbur,
    Thanx for your comments, specs look good ( for both ) and the sort of thing i need without getting into 'big' boxes, tidying up the sound by offloading bass from my b+w setup sounds appealing too.
    Re positioning, does it sit happily fairly tight into the corner without undue effect ?

BRBN

4. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    It loves being in the corner

5. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    BillyNomez, could you allow PMs or e-mail reception please? I have some info you might be interested in that I can't post here.

MuFu.