MJA ProS 50, 'Light' Enough to Carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm buying the MJA Pros 50 sub this week but won't have use of my car.

It weighs 8.4 kg which is managable but with all it's packing will I still be able to carry it ok without getting a hernia !

Bah! I carried a 14kg NAD amp (in its rather bulky box) all the way from the hifi shop to my house, about 25 minutes' walk away. I only suffered minor muscular damage, and was all healed in a matter of mere months! ;)

Dunc

P.S. - I would, however, hesitate to perform the same feat with the ATC sub I'm awaiting just now... 46kg is a bit much for me, I reckon! :devil:

yeah the packaging is just a box and some polystyrene inserts.

Originally posted by Kevo
I'm buying the MJA Pros 50 sub this week but won't have use of my car.

It weighs 8.4 kg which is managable but with all it's packing will I still be able to carry it ok without getting a hernia !

Don't you have minicabs in your town? Every hifi store I went into will have the number of several behind the counter for just such a situation....

We do indeed have minicabs in our city.

But anything to save myself a fiver :)

btw, thanks for all the info guys.

The MJA Pro 50 comes in a carboard carton which has details of the total shipping weight. the box says 10kgs and, although I haven't weighed it, I carried mine without any pain at all.
Anyway the little beast is just so much pleasure that a bit of pain would be a small price to pay for such enjoyment.

Regards

Joe Abbeywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom