MJA pro 100 sub

astonbilla

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Folks i need some advice asap please

How does this sub compare to the 50 and is it worth £500??

many thanks

Bill

Originally posted by astonbilla
How does this sub compare to the 50 and is it worth £500??

It's interesting to see the latest turn in your "sub urgently needed" saga as you seem to have enquired about almost everything except M&K :D

Originally posted by astonbilla 01/08/02
where is the best (cheap and reliable) place to get REL subs online?

I have around £600 to spend.

Originally posted by astonbilla 06/08/02
does anyone know where i can get a servo 15, i am devastated by this information. I spent all yesterday looking forward to getting one

Originally posted by astonbilla 09/08/02
2 paradigm ps1000s or a rel 200/1?
Any ideas folks, i can get 2 paradigms for the price of a Q200e.

Has anyone used 2 paradigms, and are they good in a pair?, better yet will they outperform the REL

Originally posted by astonbilla 16/09/02
Velodynes now seem the best options

Originally posted by astonbilla 16/09/02
Thats cool BUT, the annoying bit is that you could get both for £500 not a month ago. Now its £500 for the sub without the X30. Why don't they offer the sub for £400-£450? i would jump at it then.

I really like decisive people.......or do I??

astonbilla, you must be a hifi dealers worst nightmare :)

Guys, I thought the purpose of this forum was to help one another and provide advice. If I had not discovered this forum I would have purchased a sub months ago. Probably a REL. Thanks to the forum I have been put off every sub that I have looked at, be it due to possible dead units (servo 15); poor sound quality/distortion (REL); or simply cannot afford (velodyne).

All I want is information if someone possesses it, I think you are being a bit of a sh*t Ian and I must take from this that you have been a HiFi genius from conception.

I on the other hand am very new to this and have never considered a subwoofer until recently.

Why don't you take a leaf out of Uncle Eric’s book and provide incisive info without having to patronise or publicly ridicule.

Thank you for previous info, I hope that you will provide advice in the future.

Sorry astonbilla, you are clearly being a bit sensitive. Ian put a smilie in his post to show this was a bit of good natured leg pulling. The forums would be pretty boring otherwise and it was quite funny.

Now I'm going to give you some advice. Nobody is going to tell you the best sub to buy. Every sub has its good points and bad points. As with every other piece of equipment, use the forums to draw a shortlist of contenders and then go and listen for yourself. Simple as that. If you cant find a piece of kit to demo, ask on the forums, I'm sure somebody local to you may be able to help.

Everybody will tell you their bit of kit is pretty good. I've just bought a 2nd hand REL Q100e and think its cracking but that doesnt help you at all. Make the list, go and listen, then decide.

Peace :)

I have looked at, be it due to possible dead units (servo 15); poor sound quality/distortion (REL); or simply cannot afford (velodyne).

I pressume by your original post you are looking at a sub in the £500 range, as described by Uncle Eric as a Rel Q150 eater is the Velodyne CHT10 @ £325 well within your budget, to me it would be an easy choice to make between the CHT10 and others out there in the same price bracket or even higher. They are class subs. You will also have some change left to take Ian out for a meal. :D

if you read what i said, i just wanted to know if its as good as the 50?, i have heard the 50 and its great. So, if the 100 was anywhere near as good then i would finally have a decent sub and i could leave you guys in peace to rub your banana plugs.

bob007, i would buy a velodyne today if i could, but i need to pay by Visa and Eric understandably wants cheques

bob007, i would buy a velodyne today if i could, but i need to pay by Visa and Eric understandably wants cheques

Who do you bank with? These days most Visa companies issue credit card cheque books with their cards too. Call your bank & ask for one.:)

Or cash the money from VISA and ask a friend to send a cheque if you don't have one?

You can use your Visa in cash machines as well, just draw the money out and have one of your friends/family write a cheque out then you give them the cash. ;)

Astonbilla if you have heard the 50 as far as I know the 100 will sound the same just with more output. Think pro50 but with 5/6dB more headroom.

If you like the mja subs as much as me then just go for it, you won't be dissapointed.

You will have to put up with grief from members here though, while the mja subs get praised no end by the owners (and there are quite a few here now) it gets slagged off considerably because of its size. You see a sub is an extension of ones manhood, you may have noticed them being referred to as 'the beast' etc. on here.

I take it you have read this

I don't recall anyone mentioning that they had heard the MJ Pro 100 but I have read a couple of mag reviews and both mags thought very highly of it.

If I remember rightly the reviews are reprinted on MJ's web site

Thankd Dom, i need a smallish sub anyways. I just worry too much about magazine reviews etc and because i have never seen this one reviewed, i thought i might leave it. Then i got offered a great deal hence my interest now.

I always have a few subs in mind, namely the REL 150(or 201), the veoldyne cht10, the Servo 15 (though the absence of the x30 put me off) and now the 100 pro.

And recently, i've thought about jacking my missions and buying the gallos and sub.

Decisions are terrible, and guys i'm sorry for being tetchy (Ian i'll get you a guinness mate), i am soon to recieve my 5th TV in as many months and i am really tired of trying to get decent AV without any hassle.

sorry folks,

Bill

Originally posted by Dom H
Astonbilla if you have heard the 50 as far as I know the 100 will sound the same just with more output. Think pro50 but with 5/6dB more headroom.

If the 50 is reaching 16Hz then you should get round about 8Hz from 100. :eek:

You see a sub is an extension of ones manhood, you may have noticed them being referred to as 'the beast' etc. on here.
*Inukjuak raises his little finger and waves it at the pro50*

you may have noticed them being referred to as 'the beast' etc. on here.
Nope can't say I have, unless it's in the Friday Joke Thread in the General Chat Forum. :D

All joking aside demos are best but home demos are even better, you can see how the sub reacts in the enviroment it will be listened to. Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom