1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MJ Pro 50 & Kef eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Grimley, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting the Kef 2005.1 speaker package, I've seen on offer in my 'semi local' Hi-spek for £499.

But I have doubts about the sub that comes with this package after reading the opinions about it here.

As I already own a good little sub IMO (the model in the thread title) would that be a better match for the eggs than the Kef sub?

I would like to get this package for the eggs only & put the Kef sub along with my existing speakers in the classifieds, as the eggs would be easier to upgrade to 6.1/7.1 in the near future.

Any opinions from yourselves will be appreciated.......

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The MJ Pro 50 is an excellent compact sub and will be a good match for the eggs. Not only that but it will be cheaper than buying the KEF sub and losing money selling your MJA

3. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian, I thought it would be you that would answer 1st.
    I've just received a PM from another member who's flogging his Kef eggs on Ebay so i'll consider his offer as well.

UPDATE: I've just been told by she who must not be named & no its not Voldemorts twin sister! :p that there are more important things to buy (a new bed is essential) & I've also got a large dental bill to pay sometime in the autumn, so the speaker upgrade will have be put on hold for the time being :(