MJ Acoustics Subs from Audiofile.co.uk

discover

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or bought anything from audiofile.co.uk?? http://www.audiofile.co.uk/speakers/subwoofers/mj-acoustic-pro-50-mkii/

I have to say I've never heard of them before.

My mate wants a a decent sub between £250-400 but he's just spent all he's cash on speakers and Amp but he needs a sub.
He prefers to pay over 0% interest free buy now pay later etc.

What's the MJ acoustics Pro 50 sub like?
Is it worth the money?

I obviously recommended the BK Gemini or XLS200 but as he's tight for cash he can't afford to pay outright that's why 0% finance is how he's looking to buy?

I've never heard of the shop,nor have I heard the MJ acoustics sub.

This isn't all negative though.Peter Tyson have a Buy now pay later scheme which is Interest free over 10 months.

Their Clearance section appears to be included and there are Subs available.HERE's an example. Not my choice of Sub but might be of help?

K.

Thanks Kubby!
I never thought of PeterTyson, that's where I bought my amp from!
Having had a quick look, they seem to be very overpriced for the value but that ex-demo Rel sub seems like a good shout.
I'll let my mate know.

What's the MJ acoustics Pro 50 sub like?
Is it worth the money?

As a matter of interest the MJ acoustics Pro 50 was designed by BK Electronics and was originally manufactured by them too. One of the current offerings from BK (forget which) is remarkably similar to the MJ Acoustics offering but at a much reduced price, such is the benefit of the "direct to customer" business model

The MJ Pro50 mkII is a different subwoofer.

I believe the XLS200 would be the BK equivalent. The MJPro 50MKII might be a different sub, but the BK still has more power and a good driver (MJ don't bother to tell you who makes their driver).

0% may be convenient, but you're still may be paying over the odds for a product where a cheaper equivalent product exists.

0% finance credit card perhaps?

The BK Gemini II is more equivalent I think.

Both subwoofers have a 10 inch woofer and 150 watt amp plate.

Thanks for the input guys.
Yeah I know that the Gemini mk2 and XLS200 no doubt offer the best performance per pound. If it was me I'd probably go for the Gemini but my mate is kinda skint and he has a lot of other outgoings with he's car etc etc. I also spent quiet a bit recently otherwise I would of bought the sub for him and he could of paid me back later on.
So if it does come down to it and he can only buy a sub on 0% finance, would this MJ pro 50mk2 sub be a good buy at £359?
Because it's manufactured by BK, dunno why I just feel a little assured that performance should be good.

Just to be clear,the MJ Sub is not Manufactured by BK,theirs is the original design.

If you buy the MJ you are NOT buying a BK made item.

K.

MJ and BK are completely different companies with different products. Why people say BK make the MJ subs I don't know.
BK make fantastic subs as do MJ.

I am not biased, yes I own an MJ Ref 1 mk3 sub and I chose this over many subs for its sheer speed,depth and quality bass for music. I have owned more expensive MK subs in the past but I prefer my Ref 1.

It's not all about the size of the driver and amp.Design,build and components are more important.

BK are fantastic and are very very good value as they sell direct to the customer.

Their subs are seriously good but to constantly say MJ are over priced BK subs is incorrect as is the same with REL but no ones makes this comparison.

Just to be clear,the MJ Sub is not Manufactured by BK,theirs is the original design.

If you buy the MJ you are NOT buying a BK made item.

K.

Thanks for clearing that Kubby.
So my mates been saving up a little and he's budget is around £200.
Is the BK Gemini the best sub around the £200 mark?
I can't seem to find anything equivalent on the same performance and price as the Gemini?

My opinion,Yes.

Buy the BK and enjoy.

K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom