1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MJ Acoustics Pro 50

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by andyp, Oct 21, 2001.

1. andyp

andyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Recently visited Sevenoaks Hi-Fi to see if the REL Q100 was still being stocked, only to be told that they had sold out, and as we know, they will not be getting any more, due to it being discontinued.

What they did show me (but I didn't listen too due to time) was the MJ Acoustics Pro 50. Apparently MJA subs are of an equivalent build spec and sound to REL range of subs. I also read a 5 star review in a mag (can't remember which).

Obviously I will have to have a listen, but am interested to hear some opinions from everybody in the mean time, as they are a product and company I am not familiar with.

It certainly looked an excellent quality product, and unlike the Q100E is downward facing as opposed to forward. I (will) have a suspended wooden floor, so would be interested to hear whether this would be an issue with a downward facing driver. Currently I do not have a sub in my B&W 600 series system.

Many thanks.

Andy P.

2. andyp

andyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I guess not then! ;-)

Andy P.