MJ Acoustics Pro 50 MkII

tinribs

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got / used one of these?
I'm thinking of buying one next week, this will be my first sub.

Do different sub manufactures compliment other manufactures products? like will this fit in ok with a nad amp and mission speakers.....

any advice will be greatly appreciated!

R

recruit

ok, after much reading on this forum, XLS200 MKII it is!

I would say good choice tinribs :thumbsup: there is quite a few BK owners on this forum and all seem very happy with there subs and if you need any help in setting up there are plenty of very knowledgeable members who can help out.

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Good choice. On paper, the XLS-200 is comparable with the MJ Ref 200, so you've bought yourself a large performance increase for nothing. Nice.:smashin:

Enjoy,

Russell

tinribs

Thanks Guys,
I was really nervous about going for this sub as I've never bought one before. I've only got a budget setup using a nad t753 with mission m35i fronts, m3 centre, m5 series rears and no sub. I don't really need the sub for music, i just miss bits of bass for gaming and movies.

I was going to go for the matching mission sub untill i started reading up on what i coulds get for the money.....

tinribs

Right, so now here is my problem.
Thinking about things and reading reviews, I'm stuck between the xls200 and the monolith. Is the monolith really so much better? I like the size of the xls, but whilst i'm spending 289, i'd rather spend the extra 120 and get something much much better.

Ultimately, I dont want to buy the xls, get it home and then wish i'd bought the monolith.....

P

Peter Galbavy

If you can house the Monolith buy it. That was my exact choice too and I went for the 20Hz beast - it can be "hidden" as a lamp table if you get the DF version...

tinribs

housing it shouldnt be a problem. I was trying to work out how big it is with the tape measure, always seems smaller that way, would be cool to see some pics of it in peoples living rooms!

do you have to really crank it to get good results, or would the xlsbe better for low volume stuff?

joffy1780

housing it shouldnt be a problem. I was trying to work out how big it is with the tape measure, always seems smaller that way, would be cool to see some pics of it in peoples living rooms!

Check this out quite a few pics in there.

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Check out the link in my signature too. Once in, click the link in the second paragraph. Give it a while to load and it'll give you a better perspective on it's size.

I'd add that to make it work effectively in most rooms, it's worth taking the time to investigate EQ devices to make the most of it's performance. It seems like a lot of bother, but the results are disproportionate to the monetary cost.

Russell

TopMeTom

Banned
If you can house the Monolith buy it. That was my exact choice too and I went for the 20Hz beast - it can be "hidden" as a lamp table if you get the DF version...

Aye tis true, I thought swmbo would freak but she actually thinks its ok cos it looks like a table!!:clap:

tinribs

Check out the link in my signature too. Once in, click the link in the second paragraph. Give it a while to load and it'll give you a better perspective on it's size.

I'd add that to make it work effectively in most rooms, it's worth taking the time to investigate EQ devices to make the most of it's performance. It seems like a lot of bother, but the results are disproportionate to the monetary cost.

Russell

Nice setup! is that the monolith next to the sofa with a plant pot on it?!

tinribs

Today I ordered my XLS200!
Cant wait to hear it.
I got home to find a letter from my bank, they have agreed to pay back my bank cahrges over the last two years! So maybe I should try a monolith - thats if i can find somewhere to put it!

tinribs

i think i will get one in a couple of months time, would there be any harm wiring the xls up to the centre speaker and run the monolith on the lf?

IronGiant

I'd ring them up and try and change the order, not much point in having the xls on a centre channel IMHO

Dave

Member 96948

Distinguished Member
Your receiver will redirect this bass to the sub. You won't loose anything and you'll avoid the problematic integration of two subs. This is true for all of the speakers.

The center channel will also sound clearer this way. It will no longer be asked to reproduce the lowest bass, giving it and it's amp, an easier ride. Once the sub is set up properly, you'll never know the bass isn't coming from it.

Russell

patton

Anyone got the current edition of What Hi-Fi in the adverts section they have the MJ accoustics for £99 at HiFi Bitz i just went on their site and it is £289????? in the ad is states save over %59 and priced at £99!

SBanga

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package