1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MJ accoustic PRO 50 - any good ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dfield2000, Jul 25, 2002.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've been recommended the MJ acoustic PRO 50 sub from a sevenoaks salesman, but I'm having trouble finding a review of it. Can anyone recommend it ?

I'll be buying some B&W 602 S3 for the front and a LCR60 centre channel at the same time. (I'll use some old mission speakers for the rears for the time being). I saw a one line summary for the PRO 100 in a mag, but it said that it was 100w so I'm thinking that maybe the PRO 50 is a little under powered.

cheers.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    What Hifi reviewed the 50 and 100 and gave them both five stars. I heard the 50 at the Bristol show and was quite impressed.

The wattage doesn't always relate to sound levels as my old 40watt Q Bass filled a large room adequately as does the Q50.

3. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or alternatively...

How about the small Velodyne sub in the power buys forum? £325 for something at least equivilent of a REL Q150. If I wasn't skint, I would be having one.

4. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've recently bought a Pro 100 and can't praise it highly enough.

I demo'd the Pro 50 but decided the double power output would be better suited to my room (18ft x 15ft).

n.