Mixing Wharfedale Diamonds and WH2?

G

GlenW

I found a local store which has Wharfedale speakers and has a good deal on some 8.3 and 8.4 speakers. I listened to the 8.3 and liked the sound of them and when I head back this coming weekend will listen to the 8.4 before purchasing. Any comments between these 2 speakers from anyone?

As I am going to run without a subwoofer for a while I will probably go for the larger speakers 8.4 to give a bit more bass.

They also have a set of WH2 speakers being the centre and 2 bipolar speakers and also a single WH2 centre as well which they have a good price on. I was thinking about taking all of this to give me a 6.0 system. Any comments or experience with mixing the WH2 with the diamond 8 series?

I have found out that the WH2 have a 28mm tweeter and the diamond 8´s have a 25mm tweeter, I gathered from other threads that it is important to match tweeter size? Another option for me is to buy the diamond 8 centre and use this at the front and just use the WH2 speakers at the rear, but this will cost a bit more.

Thanks

Glen

G

GlenW

Any comments on mixing the WH2 centre with the diamond 8's?

Thanks

Glen

Mitch2000

Banned
I've not heard the WH2's but I would think there ideal for surrounds. Probably better to get a proper front centre such as the diamond 8 as the Bipolars are designed to dispers surround effetc better. I've got 8.3's and 8.1's for surrounds but you'll definately want a good sub even with the 8.4's. especially for movies.

G

GlenW

Thanks for the information. The diamond 8 centre as you suggest here seems the way to go. Thanks for the information on the sub, what sub woofer do you have to complement your system out of interest?

You pleased with your wharfedales? I have not had much oppurtunity to check out other speakers due to my location.

Thanks

Glen

mammoth

Standard Member
Can you tell me where these WH2's are on offer and how much please?

G

GlenW

I dont think my answer is going to help to much as it is a local store, local for me being La Coruña northern spain, but they are selling a set of WH2 bipoles with a WH2 centre for 135 euros.